SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Delivery Address based on quantity on PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

In my situation, my company purchase goods from vendors.

Depends on the historical data and order qty on the PO, i have to make a plan to distribute qty to site.

How could i implement this in SAP?

If i have my own logic for the distribution (e.g. : distribute by district, by previous sales performance, etc) how could i implement this logic to SAP?

Thanks a lot.

BR - Chris

5 REPLIES 5

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use allocation table / allocation rule.

As for the custom distribution, you will need to do the coding in the user exit.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Could i plan for that before the goods in PO has been delivered?

what user exit should i aim for?

allocation table?

or PO?

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Allocation table is a tool which allows you to define your distribution of goods (to be received) among your sites. You can provide % of total stock to each site and define your distribution approach.

Once the Allocation table is created and when you generate follow-on documents, system will create Purchase order and distribution document (STO) together. Till the time you receive your goods from Vendor, these distribution documents are blocked.

Once you receive the goods from Vendor and you do GRN, system will ask you to adjust the distribution documents as per received stock. This is because it is not necessary that Vendor delivers whatever you have ordered. If there is a short-fall in delivery, the STOs will also be modified depending on the formula given in allocation table.

If you have not used allocated table before, I would suggest to go through the following link to understand the process and approach for using allocation table.

SAP Library - SAP�Retail

In this link, you will find Allocation table concept under Merchandise Distribution node.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

How about if i have a time constrain from vendor there is some variance on the delivery time.

For normal period, the delivery time may takes 1 month.

For peak period, the delivery time may take 2 weeks only.

So could i handle that i allocation rules?

Also, how about if i am not distribute using ratio of % , but I self-define some logic in a sense of qty , could it be catered in allocation rule?

Thanks so much !

BR - Chris

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no impact of when the goods are physically delivered. Whenever GRN is done for your PO, then only you will be proceed with STOs.

I think there is an option of quantity distribution by yourself, but in that case I would suggest not to use Allocation rule as the Rule should be used when the ratio is fixed.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Amit