cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Dual stack Split - Move DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am performing dual stack split on  BW7.01 system using  MOVE DB method.  I am using the latest SWPM integrated DSS tool.

The export completed successfully. But during Installing Java only system with the export from the  Dual stack Java ,i am getting  below error in the Configure Java Parameters  phase on installing .

The jswitch log says

ERROR: 2014-01-29 09:35:04 com.sap.inst.jswitch.config.SwitchTask run

Fatal exception during execution of JSwitch.

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_data/dispatcher/ID29922300" does not exist.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.getSubConfiguration(ConfigurationDataCacheAllImpl.java:107)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.ReadAccessConfiguration.getSubConfiguration(ReadAccessConfiguration.java:715)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.common.ConfigAgent.findDispatcherConfiguration(ConfigAgent.java:134)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.config.TaskProcessor.process(TaskProcessor.java:139)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.config.SwitchTask.doRun(SwitchTask.java:178)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.config.SwitchTask.run(SwitchTask.java:127)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.common.ConfigManagerApp.startAppJob(ConfigManagerApp.java:221)

at com.sap.inst.lib.app.CommandLineApp.doMain(CommandLineApp.java:111)

at com.sap.inst.jswitch.JSwitch.main(JSwitch.java:170)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:331)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

I am able to find any clue on how to fix this issue .

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Was able to find out the  old host name , box number combination that was creating the instance ID 59802.

The  I edited the  source.properties file in the  earlier taken Java export directory  and updated the parameter "src.ci.host" the  old host name so that the combination  would help  the import to  recognize the instance id exported .. This fixed the issue .

Used instanceidcheck.jar   to verify the  combination of instance id , box number and instance number gave the correct the instance id . Used the same combination in the source.properties file.

Found this blog  very helpful to fix the issue :

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny and RB

I did a  source system instance ID check and found that instance  id which is  correct  is  currently empty. And the wrong   Instance  ID has the   dispatcher and server node details .

"The calculated instance ID is ID48618

WARNING!!! The source system ID that you provided (ID59802) is different than th

e one calculated (ID48618)

You will have problems installing the shadow system and running the migration."

Now i am not clear on how to proceed futher.

• can i delete the empty instance .and will it fix the issue
  • how to move the data from wrong Instance ID  to   correct instance ID,

We need to fix this inconsistency to proceed further with export

Thanks & Regards

vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks like that previously system copy was done and hostname was changed of your source system without system copy method.

You can try to solve this error by restoring old box number as specified in SAP note 1061649.

If that does not solve your problem then I would suggest to raise OSS for SAP support.

Thanks,

Sunny

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny and RB

This is what is said .. iam not able to find  dispatcher or node id in config tool

and the  instance profile shows value of instance ID as ID0299223

I doubt config tool is not able read the data from the  DB

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to expand Instance_ID in config tool. If yes, can you please check ID for dispatcher and server node?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I am not able to expand Instance_ID in config tool 😞

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please perform test to verify problem with instance ID as mentioned in SAP note 1061649 under section Checking the Consistency Between Primary Application Server Instance ID and Box Number?

Also, Please refer to below link:

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thanks for the  tips

But  the  instanceidcheck  needs minimum  JRE 5.

I am having SAP JVM 4.1 in the system.

Another thing i noticed  from the  thread that you gave is  that in my   Source  dual stack system , i can see 2 instance IDs . one is  have not dispatcher or server node.

I believe Java stack in source is not consistent.

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

That might be the reason you are facing this problem in target stack. I would suggest to remove inconsistency in source system and then export it again which should resolve your problem.

Thanks,

Sunny

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It looks like there is an instance present in the config tool that might have removed.

I would delete the instance from the Propertysheet and then do a restart of the J2EE stack and check if everything looks fine.

Take an export of the Java stack (just the Java stack) and import it into the target system.

Regards

RB

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please check dispatcher node ID- ID29922300 is same in config tool and instance profile?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

The issue is i am not able to find  Dispatcher node details in  Config tool or profile.

Thanks & Regards

Vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check for parameter j2ee/instance_id in instance profile. Also, when you login to config tool then it will show you the server and dispatcher node. There, it will show you instance ID in bracket.

Thanks,

Sunny