cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Call from non-sap system to SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am reading as much as I can about the SAP JCo calls. We have a client that currently have JCo calls from a non-sap system to SAP BAPI's. Now they want to use SAP PI 7.1 as a middleware in this calls. I have seen in Netweaver Administrator the JCo RFC Destinations, where are configured also the RFC for the ABAP Proxy.

What I am trying to know or to see an example is how we can create this kind of integrations through SAP PI, and how can we configure. I have seen many threads talking about how to receive a JCo call with the RFC Sender Adapter in SAP PI but I haven't seen answers about that.

Could you kindly provide any example or any possibility to create this scenario in SAP PI? The provider of the non-sap system said that they could be able to call SAP PI using Web Service, but they want to avoid it and I need to give them an answer about the possibility of using the JCo with SAP PI 7.1

Many thanks,

Xavier.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Were you able to use JCo to send from your extenal syste,? I'm having the same kind of scenario where I have an non-SAP sender system that uses RFC but not sure how to configure the sender RFC channel in PI.

Appreciate your feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark/Xavier,

Were you guys able to find a solution for your scenario. I have the same requirement.

Thanks,

BG.

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi BG, We ended up using HTTP_AAE in our scenario.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Basically for Non -SAP system HTTP/SOAP(WS) is the best option considering security as well.

Thanks,
Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I dont understand what is your real problem here. According your post you know that you need to do a RFC sender with the metadata that the JCO call requires, then, what is the problem to use PI?, it is like to connect to a R/3,  the RFC is protocol independently in which system is installed you will use always in the same way, you only need to have the configurations done.

More information: SAP Library - XML: BC Java - Connectivity

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

thanks for your answer. So it is possible to configure RFC sender adapter for a non-sap system? I suppose that a program ID must be registered in Netweaver Administrator, with this, the Jco will call this program, and the RFC Sender adapter? Must be configured with SAP PI data and the program ID registered?

In that case they will call PI with the structure of the BAPI, I thought I could create an external definition with the BAPI structure as input to PI, and the BAPI structure imported as an output to R/3. This would be correct or can I use the imported structure in output and input messages?

I suppose the JCo is installed in SAP PI 7.1 or I would contact the basis team?

Many thanks,

Xavier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Previously there were no sap middle-ware and hence the non sap client was directly interacting with SAP BAPI using JCO.

Now you have PI in between and from PI we can easily call the BAPI using receiver RFC adapter.

But the non sap sender now has many options to send data to PI. It can send data to PI using

SOAP ( best when synchronous)

File ( when asynchronous )

RFC ( best when synchronous )

HTTP

See the best possible option in non sap side and send the data to PI. In PI import the BAPI structure from ECC, map it with data came from non-sap system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

you are right with the scenario. The sender asked my to maintain the JCo calls, and I wanted to know the best adapter to configure that, I suppose it would be RFC Sender Adapter, but that is the point I don't know exactly how to do it.

Many thanks,

Xavier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

JCO RFC Provider is used to create RFC destinations:

Go to Netweaver administration -->Configuration --> Infrastructure -> JCO RFC provider

You can check the help link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/48/a9b99b7e28674be10000000a421937/content.htm

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

I will talk to the client about this possibility and we will try to do some tests with the JCO RFC Provider.

Many thanks,

Xavier.