cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Order creation in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client has a requirement to automate transfer order creation for inbound delivery in the background. . But, the problem is while creating the transfer order a batch classification screen comes up. User needs to manually click on the next icon to continue the transfer order creation process. Also, Batch management is active.

Please find a screenshot of the same.

Please provide a resolution for the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

can you check in OMCV transaction if there is a setting "Classification always in foreground (all batches)" or "Classification in foreground for new batches only"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen !

Thanks for your reply. That answered my question.

However, I have 1 more help required from you.

In the inbound delivery, my client assigns batch numbers (external number).

Currently, batch gets created in the system at the time of transfer order creation itself. My client wants it to create batch only after goods receipt is posted.

Please help !

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not really understanding this requirement. If you manage materials in batches, then it is mandatory in any movement you do.

if you create a transfer order for a batch managed material, then it is a must to have a batch number.

Why do you want to putaway without batch, and how should the batch then get to the stock?

For what purpose to you use inbound deliveries? if you can skip this step then you get the batches with the receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You are right that putaway should happen with batch.

But the client requirement is that the batch creation in the system should happen only at the time of GR.

Please let me know if there is any customizing that could be done to achieve this.

Thanks.

Ankur

Answers (0)