Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide url parameters

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a req that i want to hide my parameters from url, basically am sending my url to customer with parameter values through mail, when customer click on that & have to fill the form, at the time of filling form he able to see the url with parameters values, i don't  want to display those parameters when customer click on that url.

http://--------------------------------------/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zcrm_handover?activity_code=0008&Duration=&partner=0000000035&sa…

In this URL i don't want to dispaly activity_code , duration & partner ...parameters please help to solve this...

Regards

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are calling the URL in external window you can pass the parameters HAS_TOOLBAR & HAS_LOCATION  to abap_false.

Since you are sending the URL via email, I don't this there is a way to hide the URL parameters.

Again, if the URL is static ( not dynamic parameters ) you can create an Alias in the SICF. Check the procedure here under Defining an Alias Displaying Applications in the Browser (SAP Library - Balanced Scorecard (CPM-BSC))

Regards,

Kiran

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Thanks for replying. When customer click on url it will open a new window, is it possible to to hide parameters while opening a window(if i send URL with parameters to customer). If yes please let me know how to do that, if not let me know other way to solve this.

Note : Am passing values to parameters dynamically.

Regards

Syed

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in my earlier reply, there is no way to hide the URL parameters!. If you don't want to show the (specific) parameters in the URL, consider the below work around.

1. Create a temporary DB table with the fields you want to pass in the URL parameter and a GUID field as key field.

2. Now generate a GUID inyour action handler method and instead of concatenating the parameters in URL, insert the GUID and the parameters in the DB table and concatenate the GUID in the URL parameter. ( so it will look like.. http://<your_app_url>&GUID=XXXYYZZ )

3. Then in your application, in HANDLEDEFAULT method of window, read the GUID from the the URL, and then read the corresponding parameters from the DB corresponding to that GUID key.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran