cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document display authorization (Workstation Application)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DMS experts,

A need for me to configure Document display authorization according to the file extension.

Example:

A user to be restricted to the display of .PDF files only, not to .DOC (word) files.

I have been trying by creating an Z Authorization object in Class CV, (also even in a Z class,) using the DAPPL as authorization field and assigning the PDF value to it. But no success. What-else to be done here?

Please help to achieve this through Auth.Objects or through any available User-Exits.

Jogeswara Rao K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

May be you can try to add a authorisation field in the authorisation object 'C_DRAW_TCS' which has already ACTVT,DOKA,STATUS.

So as a fourth combination, you can try to add DAPPL.

C_DRAW_TCS with following combinations..

ACTVT      : 03, 53

DOKA       : EPD

STATUS    : WR

DAPPL     : PDF

Try this & share the results.

Regards,

Ravi

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi,

This has already been tried.

This Z Auth Object on DAPPL failed to function.

Thank you.

Jogeswara Rao K

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Have you used the same authorisation checks for 3 fields(ACTVT,DOKA,STATUS) used in standard object C_DRAW_TCS for a DIR?

And whether this check needs to be implemented in only one document type? if no, then you can try modifying the standard authorisation object.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create a Document Type for PDF in the following customizing.

Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - Document Management - Control Data - Define Document Types

You need to use authorization objects

C_DRAD_OBJ with field ACTVT with valie 03 (Display)

C_DRAW_DOK with field ACTVT with values 53, 54

C_DRAW_TCD with field ACTVT with valie 03 (Display)

C_DRAW_TCS with field ACTVT with valie 03, 53

Then you need to maintain the document type in the following authorization object:

C_DRAD_OBJ Fields DOKART, value PDF

The simpliest way to do this to copy the standard SAP template role (SAP_PLMWUI_DMS_DISPLAY) to a Z role and modify it according to the above mentioned instructions. You only need to include then the document type as display settings are there.

Best regards

Tamas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

PDF is not the value of DOKAR. IT is the value for DAPPL, the AuthOjbct for which is not avaialble in Standard.

Jogeswara Rao K

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is why you need to setup the Document Type I mentioned in the customizing before. You can define a Document Type which will be linked to the PDF file extension and then you can use it in the DOKAR standard authorization field.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not the case,

In my system already Document type is configured, Under such document type one DIR (DOKNR) has been created. And under this DIR several files are there with different extensions.

See the file CV03N capture attached.

Here DOKAR is EPD

DOKNR is 1100000003052

2 different files are here : PDF and JPG.

Requirement is when clicked on PDF it should display the file and when on JPG it should not.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

The best way is to use a screen exit to hide the line of relevant workstation application. You can use Lab/Office field as the basis for validation. I have seen this being used by some customers after creating a ZCV03 transaction.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Rajeev