cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Costing- No Billing for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is It possible to block the material billing whose costing run has not done for particular period,

Kindly help me to map this client's requirement.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System will give an error message "No standard cost estimate could be found for a material" if costing is not made.  Let me know if you are able to save an invoice without this error.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a new plant , you have to assign it in the T code KEPC.

Phani Prasad

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute KE40 where you can see a field "Error message if no cost estimate is found".  Check this box and retry the process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for immediate reply, Are you talking about this screen,

what is the error message? where I can see the error message i mean in Billing or sale order?

where this message is stored and what is the message class for this ?

Thanks

Message was edited by: k j

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry to say before asking this query, you should have tried on your own and had you done that, you would have got answers to all your queries. Do the configuration check whatever suggested, create a new sale order / billing and check where system is giving that error message and you can also check the message class and message number.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot, sorry for the late reply,

Since I am from MM background it took me long time to understand the process. I reproduced the Issue and got the following Error at the time of release to accounting,

Valuation with material cost estimate: error with product "COST"

Message no. KE350

The Billing document saved but accounting document not generated,

But one thing i unable to find out where I can customize this message,(W or E), i went to se91, input the message no and then  clicked the where used list, since i don't know the message class so cant find out there,  also used t code OBMSG , but there also i did not found the application area KE, Could you please help me understand where it has been stored.

Thanks for all your Help,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is purely FI related issue and you can very well refer this issue to your FI consultant.  However, if you want to know why system is throwing this error, have a look at the following thread where the same topic was discussed

Valuation with material cost estimate: error wi... | SCN

G. Lakshmipathi