cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Year indicator in FYV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While creating a fiscal year variant, I see this field called "Calendar Yr" in the main screen of maintaining a fiscal year variant. I did an F1 and I read this loaded statement in an English like language. What does this mean?

Indicator: Determining Periods like Calendar Year ?

Indicator that the posting periods match the months of the calendar year.

Can someone explain with an example what does this mean in the context of creating year dependent posting periods?

Thanks

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello BS,

The fiscal year variant helps you define - 1. The number of posting periods and special periods in a fiscal year 2. How the system determines posting periods

Fiscal Year need not correspond to Calendar Year which is controlled by "Calendar Yr" checkbox. Since it is a financial year followed by the company.

Like in some countries it is common practice to follow April-to-March as their financial Year. Under certain circumstances, fiscal years contains fewer than 12 months. Possibilities are -
Fiscal year is not the same as the calendar year and is not year-dependent
Fiscal year is not the same as the calendar year and is year-dependent.

Fiscal year is same as the calendar year and so is year-dependent too.

I could not find any consulting SAP Note with details on FYV.  Below SCN links provides good insight, you may want to check.

SAP Fiscal Year Variant Configuration | SCN

You may want to post this question on

May be this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please let me know if in a certain implementation, the number of special periods = 2 is maintained for an FYV, and that FYV is used in planning bucket profile (for data view), what could be the possible business motivations for doing so ?. In short why could special periods in FYV makes sense for demand planning ?

Appreciate your answers with an example. I read tons and can't make business sense out of this.

Thanks

BS