Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI to update status of Outbound IDoc in SAP-ECC based on various criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is the requirement detail:

Asynchronous Scenario: IDoc To File

Outbound Invoice Idoc will be received in PI. PI will perform the mapping translation, create csv file and send it to shared network directory.

Error Handling Requirement:

IDoc statuses should be sent back from SAP PI to SAP ECC to report Success or Failure for Translation (S = status 10 F = status 5) and File transfer (S = status 12 F = status 11).

Acknowledgement will not be received from target system to PI as we are just using File adapter. Is it possible to achieve status update in async scenario? If yes what configuration is required in ECC and PI. If no then what are the alternatives to update the Idoc status?

Thanks,

Vertika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Please update the resolution

I am facing the same issue

in Sending back the translation status (Mapping status)

Success or Failure for Translation (S = status 10 F = status 5) and File transfer (S = status 12 F = status 11).

Thanks and Regards,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

The IDoc Acknowledgement ALEAUD is working properly and the status of original Idoc in ECC is also getting updated.

Regards,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika - It would be good if you can share the fix(solution) and close the thread so that it helps other members in the community.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Can you provide a screen print of your config, I have the same scenario and I do not quite know how to set this up, what did you use as the RFC destination?  another channel?  did you have import the ALEAUD idoc message type?

Thanks,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help to provide information on :

1. How ALEAUD special handling can be used for IDoc to File scenario? Since target is File Adapter, it can not send any ack back to PI.There are few configurations available in IDoc_AAE sender channel but I need to know what configuration exactly required in ECC and PI?
  2. I have checked all boxes present in Ack settings of IDoc_AAE adapter and added ALEAUD in partner profile as Inbound but I don't see anything going back in ECC.
  3. When I checked logs in PI, it says acknowledgement sent. But where we can see the ack in ECC.
  4. Any other configuration is required to get the acks in ECC?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Your config shown in screenshots above is almost complete. All you need to do is provide the "Ack Destination" (as visible in the first shot). Otherwise PI doesn't know where to send the acknowledgement. After this step, you should see the ALEAUD IDoc in your sender system, because PI generates it automatically based on the processing status of your "basic" message.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

I have added the destination and tested scenario. I am getting below message logs generated.

Log generated in PI clearly says Acknowledgement is sent. But I don't see anything going to back in ECC. Can you please provide details on what needs to be configured in ECC and how to check the acks in ECC?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vertika,

Instead of <local>, use an RFC destination name that points to your sender ECC system. Otherwise PI probably sends the ack to itself and then is not able to process such message.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

I have added destination name of sender system(ECC) only.

When I checked the logs from log viewer, below error logs were present:

Can you please give some idea on above error?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika - By any chance you have multi mapping?

Have a look at the below SAP note which talks about the same error :

1819743 - IDoc_AAE acknowledgement handling for split messages fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We already have latest patch on PI 7.4.

I have also added a receiver channel (ECC) for ALEAUD in same scenario.

But still I am getting same error.

If any one has work on this scenario. Please provide you inputs.

If any alternative to trigger the ALEAUD is available or not. Can we trigger ALEAUD Idoc in same scenario after success, failure in file transfer or after translation failure with different status?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

In my opinion, standard capabilities for IDoc acknowledgements should be sufficient for your requirement. Check the following document for more info:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df5...

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

Thanks for reply.

I have IDoc to File scenario. So what all configuration would be required in SAP PI and ECC to use standard Idoc Capabilities for Outbound Idoc? Should I configure the ALEAUD and Ack Destination in IDoc Sender ? If yes what is needed to be configured in ECC to handle the same.

Thanks,

Vertika

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Please check the below blog by Maciej Jarecki

Please check the replyn in the below discussion

regards,

Harish