cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Runtime Installer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently trying to find the most recent installer for the Crystal Reports Runtime.

If someone could respond with a link to the page that contains it that would be great.

I am looking for the production version not the development installer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the most recent runtime is for "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio", Service Pack 8. But that will do you no good if you are using Crystal Reports 9. E.g.; what version of CR are you using?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am updating Crystal Reports to the current version. I am looking for the installer for a production system.

0 Kudos

But that doesn't answer Ludek's question, depending on the version of CR Designer and Visual Studio and possibly SAP Business Object Enterprise depends on what you use to integrate the plug-in into Visual Studio and which runtime you use for deployment.

So are you using CR 2013? And are you wanting to connect to BI 4.1 Servers?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with how the different components of Crystal Reports are packaged. I am looking for an installer for a production environment. I am updating to the newest version of Crystal Reports.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are not providing any information for us though. Essentially you are telling us that you have a new car. And you want to know if it is electric, hybrid, diesel, gas, propane, alcohol, or rocket fuel. So, the first thing I'd want to know is; what make is the car and what year?

Are you the developer that created the application?

Do you at least know what version of VS the app was coded in?

Or, the version of the CR Assemblies referenced in the app?

You have to give us something to help us help you.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not providing additional information. I am looking for the most recent version of the .Net Runtime. I am using the most recent version of the development tools. (Version 13, Service Pack 8). I am wondering were the installer is located to install the most recent version of the .Net runtime for Crystal Reports. (Version 13, Service Pack 😎 that is meant for a production environment.

I believe the install is available through the links 32bit.msi/64bit.msi on this page: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

But I am not certain if these installers are only meant for development.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The page contains all the packages for CR for VS 2010 (13.0)

The Install Executable is for development and to be installed on top of VS on dev box.

The 32 / 64 bit MSI are the runtimes, to be installed on the production / client machine.

- Bhushan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek and Don, Thank you both for your replies!

I appreciate your feedback!

Regards,

Everett

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

I am new to the community and I have 2 questions about the "latest" installer for my Crystal Product.

First, how do I know if I want the RDC version of the installer or the .NET version?

Second, what is the latest version of the installer for my older, Crystal 11 version?

We are using an older version of Crystal, version 11.0.0.2269.

Thank you kindly for any feedback that you can provide!

Everett

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everett and welcome

If you are using the RDC you do not want anything from .NET. Last version of CR that installed and supported the RDC was 11.5.x (also referred to as CR XI R2). You are using CR 11.0.x so updating to CR XI R2 will be one thing to do - if you absolutely have to use the RDC (more below). To update to CR XI R2, see the following blog:

The blog has links to runtime files, latest / last updates, how to update, etc.,etc.

Now, I want to make sure that it is clear that CR XI R2 is out of support, so no fixes, no phone support. You are welcome to ask here on SCN, but post any future queries re. RDC here:

My recommendation would be to move away from the RDC and if at all possible go with the CR SDK for .NET (SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET). There is also an SDK for Java, if you're interested (SAP BusinessObjects - SAP Crystal Reports, Version For Eclipse Download). This is a free product that can be used with VS 2010, 2012 and 2013. Download links are documented here:

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

And for your project simply look at the references. If it shows CrystalDecisions.Engine it's .NET, if it shows craxdrt and crviewer it's the RDC.