cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing data from ECC to MDG hub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I would like to know if we have any simple option to get the ECC customizing data from ECC. We are planning to upload the customizing data like plant, account group etc...

I am not inclined towards ALE configuration/ Transport mechanism as this will be only one time job.

After going through SCN, i could think of creating an RFC call to ECC to read required data and update that into MDG. Apart from this, do we have any other simple method ?

Thanks,

BS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shekar

Please find the below link -

Option 1 - BC Set - How to use BC sets -

Business Configuration Sets (BC Sets) and their use - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

Option 2 - Detail document published by Markus -

Kiran

deepu_9897
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Option 2 Link is not available. I will be thankful if you are anyone provide me that document pls !

Regards,

V Pradeep Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran for your response. As i am looking for simple way of doing this task, let me see if i can use Option 2: using TRs..

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

BS

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shekar

There are 2 ways. You can use BC set and import it in MDG hub. The 2nd option is to copy the tables in transport request and then move the transport request in MDG. We have used the the 2nd option.

The table list is available in scn - one of the post. I will share it with you shortly.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

We are also in process of moving the configuration data from ECC (Ehp 5.0) to MDG Hub (Ehp 6.0), looking for the option copying tables in transport request and moving the transport request to MDG. But looks like there are lot of tables/objects in the 'CUS_ACTOBJ'.

I tried looking for the tables list in SDN but couldn't find, would you mind to send the table list.

Appreciate your suggestion or best practices on the movement configuration data, is there is any best option to move the configuration data from ECC (Ehp 5.0) to MDG Hub (Ehp 6.0) as both the system on different Enhancement pack.

thank you,

Parvez

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Parvez / Shekar

Attaching the table list. As mention there are 2 ways of importing the config tables.

1. Transport - see the list of tables

2. Use of BC sets.

Table transport is faster approach compare to BC sets.

Thanks

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for for sending the configuration table list.

List looks like it is MDG-F related configuration tables, appreciate your help if you can send me the list fot the MDG-C or MDG-M ?

Thank you in advance.

Parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is already closed. Please open a new thread. You can always add a reference to this thread to explain your question further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I prepared a configuration tables list for customer master and attached is the same, just in case if anyone needs for reference.

thank you,

Parvez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Section 4.2 of this documenet: contains a link to a spreadsheet that contains a list of basic tables that will need to be synchronized.