cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Listing / Exclusion with RBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

We have GATP active with Allocation check, then Availability then Product Substitution (using GATP RBA conditions and rules).

This scenario is working fine, but we have a problem when the substitution occurs and the new material is listed. SAP allow us to save Sales Order with the listed material.

I.E:

Material A (listed for sales) - 0 stock.

Material B (not listed) - 200 stock

Sales Order with 100 peaces

Material A (listed for sales) - 0 stock

Substitution Occurs
Material A (listed for sales) - confirmed 0
Material B (not listed) - confirmed 100

The problem is because Material B is listed, substitution should not occur, or VA01 should shown error message (Material B is not listed and therefore not allowed).

Can you guys please help me?

Best regards

MT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using an Exclusive Substitution Rule with the not listed material to solve this issue.

Thanks for the help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking about Material listing and substitution together?

or whenever Material substitution happens, it should not substitute non available materials?

please clarify

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Kumar,

When i input Material B (not listed) directly on sales order, VA01 shows error message Material B is not listed and therefore not allowed before any ATP check.

But if i input Material A (listed for sales) on sales order, due to unavaillable stock, substitution occurs for Material B (not listed) but this Material B is not checked again in Listing / Exclusion on ECC system.

Thats why system allow us to save the order with the not listed material.

The problem is the new material B should be checked in Material Listing / Exclusion also.