Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Groups called in SU53 not present in BRGRU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Recently I have begun to notice that when resolving issues with some of my users they will provide an SU53 that contains an auth_grp requirment that would seem to be an SAP supplied group (not a z group that we would have created) but when I go to find that group in SE54 or in SE16 in the TBRG table it is not present.     Yet if I do not assign that auth_grp then the role will fail.

I guess my question is....      Is this a program level check that really has nothing to do with what auth_grps I have assigned or have come with SAP out of the box, and even though we have not truely restricted that table to the auth_grp the programmer still forced an auth check as a precaution?

exm:       I have a report that is calling   F_KNA1_BED (this is not maintain in SU21 so I know the program is calling it not the tcode relationship)

It is looking for Display access to Auth_Grp   CR

I wanted to validate that this was an GL or other FI auth_grp yet it does not exist there.

If the above of what I have said is true would it hurt to actually create this auth_grp and secure the appropriate tables (but then I would need ot know which tables it is checking which may or may not be already secured).

Any clarification in this would be greatful  (please no..read the book replies..I've read alot and this has never been really clear), and If I am not making any sense please let me know so I can try and clarify.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintaining the value ranges is optional, there is no warning and unfortunately it is not bonus relevant either, otherwise it would be done sometimes.

The values are on the master data records themselves -> table KNA1-BEGRU in your example.

Cheers,

Julius