SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Debit doc while payment posting using FP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an urgent requirement to be solved in FICA, as i am new to this.

I have the requirement to post the Debit Document say of Document type XX on the account, while payment is being posted using FP05.

I have already tried with the FM - FKK_CREATE_DOC in the event 0010 and 0020, but whenever i am trying to post, it just post the Document for the Payments only, i am nt able to post the Debit doc (something is going wrong).

** One more point to mention, i checked FM - FKK_CREATE_DOC_ADDITIONAL, and what i understood is that we can generate the additional documents, but will it create the Document with different Document type with different Main/Sub, or the same as the one as FP05. Because  i want to post debit document of different Doc type XX with main/sub.

Please help me out with this (and it would be helpful if u help me out with what all parameters to be passed as well).

Thanks & regards,

RJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

You can post a debit document during the posting of payment through FP05.

Event 0032 can be used to achieve the requirement.This event can create additional line items for a document in FI-CA, however its has its own limitations-

(a) The payment document posted through and the debit document that will be posted through this event will have the same document#.So in case you reverse the payment document, the debit document will also get reversed automatically.

(b) The document type of the debit document will be same as that of the payment document.

However, you can use a different set of main\sub for posting the debit document.

So depending on the origin key of the document (for payment lot, its 05), you can develop and plug in a

custom FM at event 0032, which based on the Business requirement will go and post an additional debit line item for the payment document with the same document type and with a different combination of main\sub.

Alternatively, you can develop a standalone program which has to scheduled after the payment lots has been posted for the day. This program would pick all the payment documents for the day and would post a debit document against each of the payment document with a different document type and different combination of main\sub.

I would recommend you to go with the first option (event 0032) if you are using the same document type.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

You can post a debit document during the posting of payment through FP05.

Event 0032 can be used to achieve the requirement.This event can create additional line items for a document in FI-CA, however its has its own limitations-

(a) The payment document posted through and the debit document that will be posted through this event will have the same document#.So in case you reverse the payment document, the debit document will also get reversed automatically.

(b) The document type of the debit document will be same as that of the payment document.

However, you can use a different set of main\sub for posting the debit document.

So depending on the origin key of the document (for payment lot, its 05), you can develop and plug in a

custom FM at event 0032, which based on the Business requirement will go and post an additional debit line item for the payment document with the same document type and with a different combination of main\sub.

Alternatively, you can develop a standalone program which has to scheduled after the payment lots has been posted for the day. This program would pick all the payment documents for the day and would post a debit document against each of the payment document with a different document type and different combination of main\sub.

I would recommend you to go with the first option (event 0032) if you are using the same document type.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for the reply, but we have solve our requirement through another process, which was applied through our custom program already devloped for other enhancement.

former_member199199
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can use FQEVENTS 0020 or 0032.

In 0020 referring the ifkkko-herkf of the newly created document (05 for payment document) you can easily find out the clearing /posting of payment document.

There you can invoke FKK_CREATE_DOC and use your requirement specific fkkop, fkkopk structure to create the additional document.

Also, using 0032 is an option and there you can also create your own structure. But that FICA document would have same document number as the payment document.

You can use any of these events for payment posting using FP05, FPCPL or payment program (RFKKZE00).

Regards

Bodhisattwa