Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS during go live

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Our company started with SAP/GTS a few years ago and we need to set up all our different sites around the globe on the system. My question relates to the go live process of a new site.

When we go live, our data conversion team is loading sales orders and purchase order in ECC. Because of time constraints they want to do that without running into GTS pop up messages and documents getting blocked in ECC. So far we choose to “disconnect” ECC from GTS, by
de-activating the Badi’s for document transfer (MMOA, SDOA, SDOB, SDOC). After the transactional load we would then manually transfer the documents, and re-activate the Badi’s again.

Since this is causing downtime for the sites that already work with ECC/GTS we can’t use this solution going forward.

My question: how do you guys solve this issue? What should we do to prevent blocks on the documents that are getting dataconverted, while still operating for the existing sites?

Your input is much appreciated!

Corinne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jeff_reedy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We did two things to get around this situation.

1. Created a Z-table with only company code in it.  We modified the send of transactions to GTS to only send transactions if the company code is in the ZTABLE. 
  2. Created a 2nd Z-table containing Sales Organization.  We modified the code that checks the status in GTS to only check the status if the Sales Org is in that table.

This allowed us to implement in 3 phases.

Phase 1:  Master Data only.  We kept both Ztables empty.  This allowed our Customers and Vendors to flow to GTS and be SPL Screened. This gave our Trade Compliance folk time to review all the partners before sending any transactions.

Phase 2: We called it Soft Blocking.  We populated the Ztable with the applicable company codes, but did not populate the Ztable with the Sales Organization.  This allowed documents to flow to GTS and if they are blocked in GTS they will not affect downstream functionality in SAP-ECC (our feeder system). 

Phase 3:  Which we called Hard Blocking.  We populated the Ztable with the Sales Organizations.  Now any blocked document in GTS will prevent downstream functionality in SAP-ECC.

This also allowed us to keep transactions out of GTS for a company code that we were soon to be divesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corrine,

If you would like to prevent the GTS pop-up messages in R/3 for a block or technical incompletion. Ideal way is to use the BADI that Dave suggested. But instead of completely filtering those documents from being transferred to GTS. You can use a Custom table to hold the user id(batch user or dialog user who loads the transactional data) or the company code/plant as Dave suggests.

Based on this information in the custom table, instead of filtering those documents from transfer- just try to clear the field "CS_CONTROL-LSMES" in the BADI.

This will be a very small change in the BADI. And you will not need to manually transfer those documents later. Loaded documents will be in GTS, but will not give you pop-up messages.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Dhilipan

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave and Dhilipan,

Thank you for your response. We actually already have a Z table where we can enter user ID's or companies. But it didn't give us the expected result so I didn't mention it in my post. Good the hear that it's still part of the solution .

I learned now that changes need to be made in the BADI too. Unfortunately I've never done anything with BADI's but I will take this information to my colleagues so it can be done and tested.

Thank you sooo much. Will let you know the result!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

I've never actually been in that situation, but have anticipated it many times.  My preferred solution, which I've occasionally implemented in any case, to prevent unwanted warning messages in the transfer logs, is to use the "control" BAdIs (/SAPSLL/*_CTRL_R3) to block transfer of transactional documents for Company Codes not yet implemented.

Coding is quite simple, and the solution can include a "Z" control table if required, with an entry made for the Company Codes (or Plants, if you want to work at that level) that should or should not be active.

Regards,

Dave