cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Number range for Periodic Billing plan in Contract process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

As per business requirement we configured Contract Process with Periodic Billing plan like Monthly ,Quarterly,Half yearly and yearly.

After successful creation of contract system is generating internal number for billing plan.now my requirement is external number for Billing plan number.

so please guide how to do on this.

Thank you in Advance.

suribabu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OP,

Please update here the scenario also.

Thank$

Hidayath

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend:

Kindly go through this link : https://scn.sap.com/thread/566805

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kundan Vishwakarma

If I am correct, OP's requirement is to have external Billing Plan number range and not Billing Document number range.  The link what you had shared is for Billing Document.

Coming to OP's query, I dont think, it is possible to have external Billing Plan numbers.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Respected LakshmiPathiji,

I do agree that Giving an external number range for Billing docs is not suggestible---But i checked in TVFK table--there is a provision for External Number range key(TVFK--NUMKE)..

In what cases/Practical scenarios we will go for External number range in Billings and if so what was the Userexit has to be used in this case...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar V

The topic posted by OP is different from your question and I presume, you have not gone through that.  Once again, please go through that and also my reply.  It is about Billing Plan Number Range and not Billing document number range.

Nevertheless,  to answer your query, yes it is not possible to have external number range for billing documents.  In fact, if you check in VOFA and select any document type, you cannot see External number range field; though a field is provided for this in table TVFK.   SAP has provided two user exits which are

• USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZZ)
  • USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC)

The first one is used for number range exclusively and the second one is to have a different billing date.  With these user exits, you can fetch different number ranges; for example Sales Organization wise or Plant wise but it should only be internal.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Thank you for your valuable inputs.

As Mr Lakshmipathi sir said my question belongs to External Number range for Periodic Billing plan number.

Thank you.

suribabu

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathiji--thanks for clarifying me.