cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total value in bid invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dar SAP expert,

i have the following question, regarding online bidding scenario.

Purchaser adds expected price for each item in bid and then sends the bid invitation to suppliers.

When a supplier opens the bid invitation all items have 0 value and totale value is 0 too.

Is this the standars behavior? Shouldn't the vendors display the expected value entered in the bid by purchaser? (otherwise, what's the user of those prices??)

Thanks a lot and regards,

Ci

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please allow me to add one question here...When Bidder adds additional items logging into SUS (In SRM Bid Decoupled Scenario) in his RFx Response, after awarding when PO is created, the XML is failing in the backend because of no material number or account assignment category. If this has to happen, Is there a work around to avoid the XML Failure without maintaining the materials in SUS system?

Thanks,

SRM User

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ci,

Could you please explain a little bit more about this online bidding scenario, maybe with a screenshot of the expected price that the purchaser added? Honestly speaking, I dont quite get such a scenario that purchaser could add their expected price for each item in Bid and then send the Bid Invitation to bidders. By saying "expected price", do you mean the field "Target Value" at item of RFx?

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

yes, I mean Target price at item level.

Ci

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ci,

"Target Value" at RFx Item is dislayed only when you select "Contract" as the follow-on document of RFx. And bidders are not able to see the value in this field. The values of this field will be passed to Contract when you create a contract from the accepted RFx Response.

Please check whether this is how your system behaves.

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

thanks for you reply.

Our follow on document is "PO or Contract".

In the follow on document in ECC the target value of contract is the value of the awarded supplier response, not the target value in rfx header, nor the sum of item's target values entered by purchaser in bid invitation.

So I don't quite understand the logic behind target value fields (header and item level) in bid invitation.

Bye,

Cinzia

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cinzia,

You could check the detailed explanation of "Target Value" in FAQ note 1694596.

Maybe note "1669599 - Inconsistancy with the item table target value column in RFx" is missing in your system.

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

thanks for the above notes.

Regards,

Ci

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still, if total values entered by purchaser are not visibile in the bid invitation sent to the supplier, how can we design a RFx process in which suppliers are asked to offer a discount to the initial total value entered in the RFx?

Thanks,

Cinzia

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cinzia,

Sorry but I don't think the process you mentioned is supported in current SRM. My understanding is as a bidder, usually he should consider how much discount he will provide if the price he offers is accepted by the buyer, instead of providing discount based on the total value that buyer entered in RFx item.

Regards,

Wendy