cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set code page for Notification message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have IDM 7.2 SP8 Patch 3. Could you please describe how to set code page parameter for Notification message in IDM?

I do not use Approval process, I just want to send mail to user when role is assigned to him/her.

I used "Landscape Configuration Guide" to "Enabling E-Mail Notification" and set "Trigger notification: user assigned role task".

Then I change template %$ddm.path%\Templates\ Identity Center\ Provisioning\ Notifications\RoleAssign.tpl to add my own text.

But when I received mail I see symbols "????" instead of Cyrillic letters.

I need to set codepage=Win1251 to see Cyrillic symbols, but when I change template and write something like

<html>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">

<head>

I see all these technical settings in my mail body.

I read Performing the initial configuration of the message templates , but as I understood these settings only for Approval template, and the list of

character encoding doesn't include windows-1251

US-ASCII

• ISO-8859-1
  • UTF-8,UTF-16BE
  • UTF-16LE
  • UTF-16

How to set codepage for Template RoleAssign.tpl or any other *.tpl?

Best regards,

Natalia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keith_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Natalia,

The email notification is sent by script sap_core_notificationByEmail of job "Send email notification" in SAP provisioning framework in this case. In the script, this is done by uSendSMTPMessage. This u function has one parameter ContentType, which can be used to specify valid MIME content type. eg: you may try to specify it as "text/html; charset=ISO-8859-5", and test again.

BR, Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

I set  value "text/html; charset=windows-1251"  for parameter ContentType and see Kyrillic symbols now.

Many thanks you for help!

Best regards,

Natalia.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's currently two types of notifications and notification scripts. The "original" one thats part of the provisioning framework that notifies creation/changes/etc on users, and the approval task notifications which the helpfile reference is about. The approval task notification script is newer and a bit more advanced and supports easier characterset configuration, but the original one has to be configured like Keith suggests. This should be consolidated in the next release I've been told.

Br,

Chris

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per Krabsetsve wrote:

This should be consolidated in the next release I've been told.

With the release do you mean a patch or SP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

It would require a new version of the Provisioning Framework so I would guess atleast an SP.

Br,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Did you try setting: UTF-8?

BR,

Simona