cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM External Attribute issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are adding the plants (Location) to user external attributes by using the t-code PPOSA_BBP but next day the plants are disappearing. Because of

that reason users are unable to create SC for that plants.

Could you please suggest me how it is happening.

Thanks & Regards,

Sada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using some kind of replication job from ECC such as PFAL? Are the settings correct there, because the only entry that seems to go missing is the one that is maintained directly on the position?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the update

We have the job to replicate users approval limit and supervisor details from ECC to SRM on daily basis. When I executed that program it is not removing the plants.

This happening from yesterday I am not much familiar about PFAL. Could you please explain little brief.

Regards,

Sada

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

There should be two possible reasons:

1, you are using HR replication for this user/organization, so it will be overwritten by HR settings.

2, maybe someone removed this with trx ppoma_bbp.

For the second reason, I suggest you activate the log for change values in ppoma_bbp according to the following KBA:

1617444 - How to activate the log for values changed in PPOMA_BBP to SRM 5.0

Then you can monitor if someone deleted this attribute by accident.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for the update.

You are correct our issue is because of option 1. Could you please suggest me how to fix this.

Regards,

Sada

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

If the mentioned organization is replicated from HR side, you should not maintain it in SRM side.

Or else it will be overwritten by HR settings. This is standard design, since HR system is the leading one.

I can only suggest you set up pure SRM organizations without reference to HR system, and for such organization, you can change it in SRM directly.

One more point, this synchronization between HR and SRM is essential to prevent some inconsistency.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy ,

are you sure that user settings related to pposa_bbp also get over written by settings from the HR end ?  and also had a doubt if hr contains data related to plant .

Re ,

vinita

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

If the attributes maintained for the user are not existing in HR system, then they should not be replicated by HR replication.

However would you please check if the attributes are inherited from upper organization?

If so, then maintenance in upper level will automatically affect this in user level.

If not, then the only possible reason is that somebody manually changed it, and you have to activate the change log for ppoma_bbp in order to trace this.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thanks for the update

I am maintaining the plant details in user attributes, then we have the job ZSRM_WF_ATTRIBUTES to replicate the user approval limit and supervisor details from ECC to SRM. After this job run the plants are removed from users attributes, Now we have stopped this job . For testing purpose I have added the plant to my attribute , then ran this custom report for my user ID and it has removed the plant from my extended attributes. I am bit confused how the plant is linked to HR.

Regards,

Sada

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sada,

I already mentioned that attributes won't be replicated from HR to SRM, and you have to maintain attribute in SRM manually.

For the mentioned Z-report, I have no idea about this, but it seems that this report cause the problem of missing attribute.

Regards,

Ivy

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

after location addition to object (type 'O' or 'S') through PPOMA_BBP transaction and saving, check new value is populated inside HRV5502A view.

If not, delete entry in PPOMA_BBP and recreate it.

Sometimes, data base update is not correctly done: you have a mismatch between data displayed and data stored.

You can also check with HRP5502 and HRT5502 tables who processed this new entry.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the update.

In my case we are adding the Plant/Location (7000) to one user External attributes by using the t-code PPOSA_BBP. But this plant 7000 is disappearing for this particular user.

Thanks & Regards,

Sada