cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

script debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to use the script debugger, but i don't know how to handle that.

i tried to use using RSTXDBUG and SE71-->activate debugger, but i don't know how to use?

Regards....

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Now that you have activated the debugger, you simply run your print program and it will stop in the debugger.

Or is your question, what to do once inside the debugger.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

rich,

whether the debugger can be started for the layout set?

Which will be appropriate? When v debugg, how the layout set will be debugged?

Regards...

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Arun !

After activating the debugger when u start executing the print program it pops up a box asking u <b>where to set the break points</b>.. Here u can set breakpoints wherever u want ( at perform , text elements ....etc ) , Then keep pressing F5 it executes step by step.. and u will find a <b>"V" </b>moving over the top of the editor text... it shows where the current program is getting executed !! if u want to check any variable's value u just write the name of the variable name without "&"'s in the below empty boxes and press enter .....

<b>Moreover it shows all the details on the top like PAGE, TEXT ELEMENT, COMMAND , EVENT ... that it currently executing...</b>

and one more thing ,,, when it writes any value to the page then<b> it writes all the variables with their corresponding values in the below provided space ,,</b> and these will be overwritten here when they change their value...

hope u understood...

reward if it helps u...

sai ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have the same issue But I tried with menu System>utility>debug ABAP.

I was getting pop up for setting breakpoint, But next time with the same steps I am not getting the Pop up

and derectly oupput is showing.

Can anybody tell me ...why it is happening .

also please tell steps ..How to use RSTXDBUG program ?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread, this is not really related to this question. Note that menu system | utilities | debug abap is not the same thing as the sapscript debugger

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way to start the script debugger is:

SE71 -> Utilities -> Activate debugger.

This may be a time-consuming process. Instead, open a session and execute the program RSTXDBUG. Even if you follow the above menu path to activate the script, it will internally execute the program RSTXDBUG. So you are saving some time in going through all of the above processes.

2. Generally SAP script contains the Layout and corresponding print program.

First go to SE71 and enter ur script name. In the same screen go to Utilities->click on activate debugger option.

Now go to SE 38 and enter ur Print Program name and execute the program.

Now you can debug the script Page wise and window wise.

RSTXDBUG - SAPScript debugger

Debug SAPScript

You can debug a SAPScript: Use Tools - Word Processing - Layout Set.

Enter name of layout set and then Utilities - Activate Debugger.

It is of no consequence which layout set you enter when selecting the SAPscript debugger. (Menu path: Tools-Word-processing - Forms, Utilities - Activate Debugger) The next layoutset called will invoke the debugger. This is quite handy when verifying which layoutset is being called (Verifying customizing settings).

Another way to set the SAPScript debugger is to run program RSTXDBUG.

When a Form is copied from one client to another .And If U try to display or change the form in the copied client .The possible error message cud be :

1.Form not found

Try coping again specifing the language .

2.IF IT dispalys an error message saying That the text file is inconsistent .

Then go to SE38 and Run “RSTXCHKO” .

It will ask for the form name ,then check all the checkboxes and then run the program.

Note : all Script related problems can be solved using Program ‘RSTX*’.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto