cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the consequences of selecting "close without transport" option for a standard change list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Few active and few in process objects of a configuration scenario have accidently moved into a list whose status is transportable (not open).

I'm unable to access those objects.If I select close wothout transport, would I be able to further modify/acess these objects or not?

Please suggest!

Thanks,

Indu Khurana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I understood the reason of why the objects had moved to "Transportable" list and not to standard change list.

I ignorantly deleted the in-process objects and they instead of moving to standard change list moved to transportable list from where they become entirely inaccessible and even the new objects with those name could also not be created.

Hence I created new objects with different names for my scenario and finally my query was resolved.

Thank You for you replies and support.

Indu Khurana.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

scenario have accidently moved into a list whose status is transportable (not open).

I'm unable to access those objects.If I select close wothout transport, would I be able to further modify/acess these objects or not?

The transportable change list will apply all the changes you made in that object when you transport it to another landscape. You should still be able to access the objects. It is still possible to release a closed object for transport just go to Change Lists -> Closed -> SWCV -> Change List right-click and select release for CTS trasnport.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

But I still need to use these objects which are locked in this transportable list in other scenarios.Currently I'm unable to access/change these objects 'coz i get error(change list closed) when i try to modify these locked objects.

How sould i access these objects locked in the transportable list?

Regards,

Indu K.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

That is not possible. Just go to the objects tabs and then modify accordingly.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I'm unable to edit these objects.Attached along is the error.

I have chosen the option " close without transport".

Thanks,

Indu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu

What error message are you getting when you are editing the objects and trying to save ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

The error is attached in my previous reply to Mark.

Now I have selected the option of close without transport & hv retarted java engine.

The objects are still inaccessible.

Thanks,

Indu Khurana.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Seems to be some issue with closed change list. Can you past the screenshot of change list?

regards,

Harish