SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am encountering a Issue,

When  i was posting a docuemnt its getting posted in Profit Center "100".Then after i was trying to do FP04 writeoff getting posted under Profit center "101" .It shoud be posted under 100 but not happening,is there any config issue?

Can any one help me

Thanks,

Abash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have a look at this path

1)CA/AR/AP-Business Transactions --Define specification and default values for write- off

2)CA/AR/AP-Business Transactions --Define specification and default values for mass write-off

In these paths  the value of  "DVtn CO Acct Assgts"can be " blank " ,"1" and "2". press F1 in these field and have a look at what options these give you in determining your CO account assignments.Also have a look if industry specific event of 5030 is there in your system .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have a look at this path

1)CA/AR/AP-Business Transactions --Define specification and default values for write- off

2)CA/AR/AP-Business Transactions --Define specification and default values for mass write-off

In these paths  the value of  "DVtn CO Acct Assgts"can be " blank " ,"1" and "2". press F1 in these field and have a look at what options these give you in determining your CO account assignments.Also have a look if industry specific event of 5030 is there in your system .

0 Kudos

Hi Pani,

Thansk for your quick reply,

Can you provide logic for the event 5030? It would be a great help me to over come the issue.

Thank,

Abash

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think rather than using the event to update the profit center , you can use option "2" in the field i have mentioned in the above post.This would result in profit center being updated from "R001" i.e tcode EK02 . In EK02 maintain

CO acct assgmts=X and CO acc. as= "ANYTHING"    against the Expense/revenue G/L of Baddebts written off .

Note you can define the CO acc. as= "ANYTHING"  in the following path

CA/AR/AP--Basic functions --Posting and Documents--Documents -Define Account assignments for automatic postings -Define CO account assignment Keys ,here you can give your cost centre and profit centers etc.

If still this doesnot fulfill your requirement you can look at the following notes to gain full information

1) 1468167 - Deriving the profit center in Contract A/R & A/P .

2) 1473984 - Profit center derivation in the utilities industry (IS-U) .

Providing logic for event 5030 will be difficult unless i know on what basis you want to update your profit center ,suggest you try the above method and the notes before looking into enhancing the event .

Tough i think you can take a close look at option"1" in my above mentioned path if you want to derive the profit center from the general ledger items of the documents to be written off .

0 Kudos

Hi Pani,

I have just passed the Standated EVENT_5030 Parameters into Custome FM.

Issue Resolved thanks a lot.

Regards,

Basha