cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I finished the installation of netWeaver 7.0 Trial Version an now I have two problems.

Problem 1:

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note
  • The termination occurred in system NSP with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.
  • The selected virtual host was 0 .

I tried to solf that via internet search and followed the informations about to start the service in sap manually. That got me to the second problem:

During the Logon onto SAP with the user SAP* and correct password I get the following Error:

SAP Logon failed:

Start 'SAPqui' failed

I searched all the directorys and could not find a single file which says SAPGUI. How can I start it? The Server is Runnung.

In the installation instructions it also says that SAP_GUI_for_Windows will be in the Package but I can not find it eather.

Can someone help me?

Reguards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Have you reviewed this details sdn article?

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2012/03/26/step-by-step-installation-guide-for-sap-netweaver-...

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

yes, I know this article and I checked every step. I did like in the article is discriped but after point 19. the article gets unclear. How is he getting vom the SAP MMC Screen to the USER Maintenance: Initial Screen?

Kind Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

What is your screenshot for of MMC please add here:

1. Please note your SAP work processes should be running and in waiting status as per step 19 image!

2. For the user maintenance screen you have to download seperate sap gui which is seperate program that you installed on you desktop where you must then configure your connection details to you sap system before you can login.

Also important login password:

But for this new version the Password is not minisap, you have to login using

USER Name = ddic and Password = 19920706 or the Password you provide at installation time in step 14

3. Download SAP Gui from here http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=LIST&EVENT=LIST&ENR=0120061532...

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1551850

Lists services you need to activate.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked your link but it is not helping me at all.

How can I do That:

Goto transaction SICF and activate following nodes:

1.    /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

2.    /default_host/sap/public/bc

3.   /default_host/sap/public/bc/ur

4.   /default_host/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

Now you can see the webgui login screen, but backend will give the dump.

1.  So goto SE80, Internet Services -> Webgui -> Right click -> Publish -> Complete Service

2.  Also publish services SYSTEM and SHUFFLER

If I do not have an SAP GUI Running.

Lick you can see on my screenshots that is all I have.

I was able to finaly logon onto SAM MMC - ICM because I found out that the icmauth.txt was not in the correct path. But that was all I could do so far.

Any advice how to install at least a small SAP GUI? Or where I can find the parameter ober SQL Studio?

Reguards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you have the SAP Gui software installed on your workstation?

If not please install the GUI.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f043df-b655-2d10-e9a4-bba6967de...

Secondly

To login to SAP you must then configure your logon details on SAP Gui to connect to system.

Once this is done, this is where you will use the users to logon to ABAP and there you go to transaction SICF.

Please advise on the aforementioned.

Kind Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I try to install the SAP GUI which is coming with the sapinstgui.exe but i can not finish because I always get the following Error:

Error while connecting to communication partner - see preceeding messages.

Could not connect to host localhost on port 21212.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I allready looked up the error on the internet and tryed to follow all the instructions but nothing is working so far. I changed the Ports as well as tryed to start the installation over the command line but always the same result.

I have no idea anymore.

Reguards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add screenshot of your SAPGUI installation files please?

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there are the requested files.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  Matthias,

1)If you want access SAP server through webgui please activate the services in sicf tcode.Follow the below link related to the How  to configure Webgui.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29485

2)Check the DPMON tool for workprocess status.

If possibel please attach the screenshot.

Regards

Maruthi V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthias,

Please follow the below link for trouble shooting.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2013/06/20/logical-basic-abap-system-start....

Reagrds

Maruthi V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi,

I tried to follow your step one but I can not logon the ICM. I tried bought Standard user DDIC and SAP* with the current Password but it is not working. Is there another standard user which SAP has installed for that?

Reguards

Matthias H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi,

I looked thru the troubleshooting-sequence and checked my system. All discriped things are working. I can connect with the Database Manager the system and see all databases. The SQL STudio is also working.

I can not get into ICM for no reason. All created Accounts during install are not working there but why?

Reguards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthias H,

Activate the follwing parameter in instance profile(at operating system level) of the server and restart the server.After SAP* user could be activated and login with the SAP* user and password is pass.

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Let me know if you still facing proble.Attach screenshots for better understanding.

Reagrds

Maruthi V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maruthi V.

I have to admit that I don't know what you want me to do. I am new to SAP. Never worked with it before or even installed it. I know my way around the computer because I worked as an administrator for some years but there are some years past allready.

I will include some pictures of my system so that you know where I stand right now.

During the Installation all the basic admin Accounts are created from SAP. I know the password as well.

But I don't know what you mean with operation system level and instance profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

here are the systeminformations of my computer