cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Application with Bio-metric authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does SYCLO applications support Bio-metric Authentication?

Thanks ,

Vino

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vino,

Agentry supports ActiveX for third party application integration. This is where additional enhancement can be done. Most customers who integrate 3rd party hardware goes this route (ex: Sensor hardware built in trucks, Navigation satellites and others). With respect to Biometric application they may offer Active X SDKs that you can integrate to Agentry.

Due to this is a highly configurable customization most likely other system integrator companies may have done this or is working on developing it. So hopefully people in this SCN can contribute. I know of some companies who have done those navigation sattelites or sensor + Active X to make it work with Agentry.

If I Google "Active X and Biometric" I get the link below. All you need to know is Agentry supports Active X and we have system integrators (partners) who also looks at this SCN who are experts in Active X + Agentry. Hopefully they contribute to this comment.

Ex: Griaule Biometrics / ActiveX Components (ActiveX Controls, COM Objects &amp; OLE Objects) <-- I am guessing with Active X component + Agentry you can integrate it.

Regards,

Mark Pe

AGS Senior Product Support Engineer

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

There is no way to integrate ActiveX with the login screen which I think is what the OP was asking.  ActiveX controls must be placed on screen sets within the application.  Also ActiveX is only supported on Windows clients.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If it is possible to integrate the same with screen set. Better we can make it as a main screen set and perform the ActiveX operation for Authentication.  If yes, how to achieve that? Is there any tutorials/documents reg. the same. Can you guide me?

Thanks,

Vino

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

When I read the question, I thought of something like a biometric authentication when they sign off a Work order as complete. For example, other customers are asking for digital signatures (password and such). Another example is when you have a high value item that you are delivering to a customer. For example, the package guy is delivering an item worth 1 million dollars. The recipient of the item should not only sign for it but give his finger as a biometric authentication that he has received the package. <-- Something to that regards.  I didn't think of the main user login screen which is normally tied to the technician or user. I was thinking of within the application (like the signature capture). Instead of signature capture just do the ActiveX they put their finger on the work and it authenticate that the work is done.  Something like that.

Mark Pe

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vino,

Active X is somewhat mentioned in the main documentation of Agentry. The only thing that is available from what I know is a small SDK type of example.  The example is a code on how to control the Agentry functionality using Active X. You have to pass data to it and vice versa. I am not an expert of it but I have seen that zip file that you can get from SAP where they gave like a sample hello world type of coding with Agentry + Active X.

Jason is correct that it is only available for Pocket PC or WincE type of device. All customers who used it uses Windows devices (not iOS or Android).

Thanks,

Mark

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vino,

Yes that would work.  Like Mark said, ActiveX would be a good way to do it on a screen set for authenticating a signature on completion of a work order or some similar requirement.  You would need to purchase a 3rd party biometric API and then code your ActiveX control around it, using Visual Basic or C++ or another Microsoft ActiveX-enabled language.  Then you could attach your new control to an Agentry screen in a screen set and make use of it.

Here is some documentation here about integrating ActiveX with Agentry:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01951.0230/doc/html/Conce...

You could also use the new OpenUI standard for adding similar functionality to iOS or Android in SMP 3.0:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01993.0300/doc/html/Conce...

Jason Latko - Senior Product developer at SAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for you valuable suggestions. But, our client requirement is to provide the same with initial authentication. I shared it's out of box functionality.

I'm started to work with ActiveX control. Kindly, let me know if there is any sample tutorials or project implements ActiveX functionality. Since I'm unable to trace the zip file from SAP which you(Mr. Mark Pe) mentioned.

Thanks & Regards,

Vino

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vino,

I am giving a link to download an older tutorial (still has the logo of Syclo in it). The tutorial is a video (MP4 format) wherein it will take you to use some of the code + how the example looks like.

The link below has an expiration of 30 days so download accordingly.

It is 186 Megs zipped.

SAP Box Attachment

Also special note: The Agentry consulting team that I know in SAP who are experts of it (project wise) is in our UK office. All ActiveX projects we have, we forward it to that team. They can give special quotes/efforts and estimates for your project (you can sub-contract them). Another SAP partner deals with Active X and Agentry in great detail. I will see if I can ping them to provide feedback or contact information if they can be contacted for this project (as a subcontractor).

I am still trying to see if I can find the other zip file with sample codes. In response to this after checking the bug database -> The zip file with some sample Active X sample codes are part of the Agentry_X.X.X_SDK.exe software installer. When you install it, it will have different folders with documentation and ActiveX sample codes. Download this from the software site.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Senior Product Support Engineer

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Mark,

We also have folks here in the US that have worked on Active X projects in the past and can also provide estimates if requested.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your all kind support and guidance. I will discuss with our selves and let you know. If we need such support, we will definitely get you.

Thanks & Regards,

Vino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark Pe,

Can u upload the video again? That is what i looking for

Thx a lot.

Max

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max,

I can give you the older Active X tutorial just send me your email so I can add you to the download link.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Hi Maximiliano,

Please send a Direct Message to Mark Pe or expose your email in your profile.  DO NOT post your email address publicly.  It is a violation of the Rules of Engagement. 

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Look at my profile or Michael gonna kill me, jejejej.

Thx a lot!!

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max,

Let me check your profile and give you the invite to the link. You should get an automatic message from SAP that a link is shared to you.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloading!!! Thx a lot again.

I remember a video with a map implementation with agentry, do you have that video? I miss the Syclo Fórum page....

Regards.

Max.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max,

I am not sure if we have a newer version of any ESRI video.

We have a Work Manager 6.1 that has built in ESRI and the link that I have (with links to the docs or the main docs to install ESRI) is under:

- it has KBA examples for SAP

- Shows example pictures for SAP work manager

- It has the link on how to brand your own device with ESRI dlls

- It has the link on how to setup SAP back end with ESRI

The old video that I know of is showing a demo of the ESRI with Agentry. I can't remember if we have the video that has a view of the Agentry editor adding the map.  See YouTube: Syclo &amp;amp; ESRI GIS - YouTube

Most of our newer products now used OpenUI ESRI dll for mapping (as seen in the Quick Guide - Checklist to set ESRI in SAP Work Manager above).

The older products use HTML Field and update rules to populate the screen with the map image.

Agentry update rules on an Agentry editor HTML field (ESRI maps) may look like something like this:

Internet Explorer version:

Hardest part of the update rule is when it comes to debugging and getting it to work. You will have to do a lot of escaping \ or double escaping or you cannot have certain things in the next line or you should have some brackets or squiggly line in one line (I can't remember the exact rule).

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vino,

You are referring to finger swipe readers?  No, Agentry requires the user to hand enter authentication data on clients.  There is some support for single sign-on, but not bio-metrics, as far as I know.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP