cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Tcode SPRO and OMSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please tell me what is the difference in fixing the output format for products between TCode SPRO and OMSL.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaselvi.

There is no diffidence if you fix the output format for products from TCode SPRO menu path or OMSL.

The material number length set is less than 18 can be done through OMSL or through SPRO. In APO it can be set through /SAPAPO/OMSL also You want to save the product number from "non-lexicographic" to "lexicographic" can be set there.

Please refer the below link for same,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1429732

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know what happens if i set differently in both Tcode. Settings in Which Tcode will be considered ?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaselvi.

SPRO-->Logistics General--- >Material Master--->Material Master--->Define Output Format of Material Numbers = OMSL they are not different.

So you can not set different value there. But for ECC and APO you can have different values in ECC you can have max Material No. Length  = 18 and APO Product No. Length = 40.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both are same if you want to try to change i.e assigning differently also it will consider  last changed settings either spro/omsl.

OMSL is just T code for configuring material number.

Refer below document :Check here same for material number you will get tcode OMSL.

Regards,
Seshu.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh and Seshu ,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Well understood

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh / Seshu,

Please clarify below two doubts.

1. The entries in the Tcode are stored in Table TMCNV. But the changes in OMSL alone get reflected in The Table but not the changes i do through SPRO.

2. When i can enter 40 as maximum in SPRO why couldn't i do the same in OMSL when both Tcode are meant to be same.

Regards,

Rajaselvi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaselvi,

SPRO menu path or OMSL or SM30 Table/View V_TMCNV are same if you do the entry anywhere they it will get saved to table TMCNV.

In ECC system you can not have more than 18 characters, only in APO you can have 40 characters.

The length of the material number must not exceed 18 characters

Message no. BMG222

Check table TMCNV, field LMATNR_TOTAL (Total Length of Material Number). This field must not exceed 18 characters.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

I have changed the Product length to 10 through SPRO menu path and Checked for the field LMATNR in the Table TMCNV. Its still shows 15 which i entered in OMSL earlier. Help me to understand better,

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Rajaselvi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaselvi,

I have also tested the same but there is no difference in my case TMCNV update same Matl no. length with SPRO or OMSL.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)