Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of Business System after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did a migration from XI3.0 to PI7.3 and now we need to do a system copy
for QA and Prod now my question is, Is there a way to mass change the business
system after the system copy or must you do it manually?

Regards,

CJ Bester

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bester,

There are no mass-change functionalities. You need to do that manually.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald, though so, but was hoping there was something. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could develop something  on your own, as Indrajit has stated in his comment below. However there is nothing out-of-the box.

Best Regards

Harald

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your input i will go through it all, I solved my problem by using a universal BS in all 3 landscapes.

Regards,

CJ Bester

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bester -

Just a word of caution - Make sure all your channels are in stopped state while you take the copy of the system. Else when you prepare your production system then all your channel will be started.

And coming to your question - As suggested by inaki, you can make use of directory content migration tool. You can find step by step procedure in the below document.

Iñaki Vila :  I see that this migration tool is not only for AEX but also available on PO, Dual Stack too. Refer to the comments by Alexander Bundschuh in the above shared link

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bester,

I think you are talking about the SLD, i dont know if for the SLD there is such tool but you can do several things automatically 1292803 - Configuration Wizard: PI SLD Self Registration; however you have a tool to migrate the classical configuration to integrated configuration objects which renames the business systems (only for AEX) Migration of Dual-Stack Configuration Objects ("Classical Scenarios") to Integrate...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try to use integration directory API and write an program for mass changing the communication channel parameters

Below is the link that will provide help for directory API

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0336199-d3c7-2c10-c983-f8a945a45...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0487ced-f537-2d10-249d-f6c7323c2...