cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all i want to learn SAp NetWeaver Gateway mobility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am working as a ABAP Consultant now i want to learn sap net weaver mobility , any one can share sample object and any material,

mainly i want sample objects what we are doing using net weaver gateway.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Moderator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

There are hundreds of documents available in SCN explaining about basic of SAP NW.

Introduction about SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0

You can look for content available at

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

i found documents, but i didn't find any scenarios i need some scenarios to practice on that.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can refer this

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The NW gateway is used for integration of mobile device with SAP. The communication happens between the mobile and SAP servers are using the Odata services exposed from NW gateway system. So as a NW gateway consultant you will be creating the Odata services that can be consumed in the mobile devices. Creating an Odata services doesn't give you a enterprise mobile app. You should have skills in mobile application development to consume this services in the device, ex. to develop an android application you should know Java.

SAPUI5 is a new framework from SAP to develop mobile web apps that consumes Odata services, to develop an app using SAPUI5 you should have some knowledge in HTML5 and javascript.

Again, there are some other third party softwares like Neptune and zMob that gives mobile solutions using ABAP itself.

Hope you get some idea of a Nw gateway consultant role.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

i got some idea, but you are saying to learn NW gateway mobility JAVA SCRIPT, SAPUI5 and HTML5 technologies we should know, are these technologies mandatory?, i don't know java, actually i am working as an ABAP consultant.

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
    i got some idea, but you are saying to learn NW gateway mobility JAVA SCRIPT, SAPUI5 and HTML5

There are two approaches in developing mobile applications .

1) Native -- mainly used to use device specific functionalities( camera/GPS...) and to develop platform specific applications

Developed independently for all platforms targeted on

Android-- Java

Ios-- Objective C

BB--Java

Windows Mobile -- C# /Visual Basic

2) Hybrid -- Main purpose is to develop mobile applications targeting all platforms (write code once using open web standards- HTML5, CSS, JS and deploy to all platforms )used for light weight applications .  and UI5 is a flavour of Jquery library

Following each approach depends upon the Application requirement and devices targeted upon.

Having said that a mixture of knowledge in both is advised.

Both the approaches can consume ODATA services generated via Netweaver Gateway.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your expert area is ABAP you can learn Odata development, but that doesn't provide a mobile app. Once Odata is created mobile app developers develop mobile application using HTML, javasript, Java, objective C etc based on the mobile OS. So my point is that if you are interested to learn mobile app development you have to learn any of the above mentioned languages or if you want to be in a enterprise mobility team without touching the device code you can be a NW gateway consultant.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Actually i have one opportunity in my next project, that is NW gateway mobility,

according to my Skills(ABAP) what are the topics can i learn, and what things ABAPer can do in NW gateway technology, as a ABAP Consultant what are the roles and responsibilities i have to face there please guide me.

thanks in advance.

Answers (0)