Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declartion tab in Material & Chapter Id combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

please tell me what is the use of declare tab, In J1ID at Material & Chapter Id Combination.

here I am putting the screen shot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

It is nothing to do with excise , it will not come in any report , you can use this tab as when the metal declared for excise.

Regards,

Sameer Jain

6 REPLIES 6

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is just an indicator that material has been declared to Excise authorities and the date of declaration. This has no impact anywhere, but can be used for tracking / reporting purpose.

Regards,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

If You Mark "X" in declare then the material is decalred as excise material for a given Declaration date for which you procure for material types defined in J1ID and also for subcontracting materials for which you need to maintain also the assessable value in next radio button maintain assessable value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit

we are not maintaining anything in declaration and declaration date, but we have not faced any issue in day to day  transactions. i think there is no impact if u keep blank. i Agree with Bheema rao, but we need to check exactly whether this is impacting any Report or other functionality

Regards

Maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its Not mandatory for excise audit, but just your referenced which helps when an balance loss , to check when the material was update for excise and also during cenvat utilization.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, if you maintain "1" under that tab, system will fetch ED in sale order / billing / excise invoice whereas it is not, if it is a blank.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit,

It is nothing to do with excise , it will not come in any report , you can use this tab as when the metal declared for excise.

Regards,

Sameer Jain