cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating BI archiving execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm trying to do archiving under BW 7.01 (EHP 1) with ADK and in a first test everything runs as expected (archive/delete/reload). But in a second test I have a problem with the LOGICAL PATH assignement (technically it points to a non existent directory) so I received an error after executing Write procedure in trx SARA. I proceed to invalidate the archiving session and now it appears in SARA->Management as one of the Invalid Archiving Sessions but my problem begins at this point because after fixing the LOGICAL PATH,  when I try to execute the archiving process I repeatedly see that the archiving jobs end without errors after just one second with the following messages:

"Selected area already completely archived - RSDA 226"

"Exception condition  in row 235 of include CL_RSDA_DAP_A=================CM007 (program CL_RSDA_DAP_A=================CP) - RSDA 140"

and I cannot find the way to eliminate this and repeat the archive process that was never done.

What can I do to invalidate/eliminate the previous session that did nothing and repeat a new one ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which archive object is this?

is this an Archive object created for Infocube or ODS?

check ADMI_FILES table to see if there are any files existing.

if the files have already been created and data has been already deleted , then be careful not to re run the session.

you need to check the varinat settings of the write program also in SARA for the archive object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please check the SAP Note 1077394, it will help you.

Should not move the archive files to invalid status in BW system normally. Please follow the instructions as in SAP Note by running the report

This report resets requests of the type mentioned above to the
'Not Archived' status and deletes the relevant archive from BW management.

Usage: Run report RSREQARCH_RESET_REQUESTS and enter the archive name. You find
the name in transaction SARA or in tables  RSREQARCH and
RSREQARCHCTRL of transaction SE16.

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

I checked the note and it seems to be useful but I found that in the tables mentioned (RSREQARCH and RSREQARCHCTRL) there ain't no entries and I can´t find any archive name in SARA. Maybe it's because the archiving process did nothing and ends immediately when I run it.

You can see an image with the job log, maybe it is helpful to understand.As you can see the process did nothing and ends just after a second.

Thanks, really appreciate your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I too come across same kind of issue you are facing but for BWREQARCH archiving object. My Issue got resolved by following the steps as in SAP Note. But you are archiving the data from different infoprovider so might be the control file is different.

You are rerunning the job for the same data(invalid session data) or different period data?

Regards,

Sudheer T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

I ahd a same problem my and  i exectute the report which u mention and given archive name but it shows apopup message saying msg: status of archivie  is not 0 or 2;termianted '; archive run executiving.

thanks in advance

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please come up with the screen shots for the better understanding. Also please check whether suggested SAP Note is suitable for your system release or not.

Regards,

Sudheer T