cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How overlapping of BOM level production (this is not overlapping of operations) can be achieved using CTM PPDS planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We would like to achieve below scenario through CTM PPDS planning.

Scenario:- While completing production of entire quantity of one level bom
next level bom  production should started.

At lower level BOM we need to produce 200 units, but before completing 200
units(suppose we have produce 100 units),
next upper level BOM production should get started.

Hence this is overlapping of BOM level production. This is not overlapping
of operations.

Do you know how this can be achieved in CTM PPDS planning.

BOM level"A"

BOM level"B"

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

In the overlapping scenario you describe, the restriction is related with the pegging (Pegging - SAP Library), a dynamic link between receipts and requirements, including orders of all BOM levels. This pegging is taken into account by the PP and DS strategy when you plan and schedule the orders.

This pegging constrain can be ignored in the PP and DS strategy definition, but is not recommended because it prevents you to schedule an order when the required inputs are not available to execute it.

A suitable solution for your scenario could be to define a lot size that force the orders to have a max size. In that way you will have more than one order to produce the same quantity. In the BOM level A, for example, you could use a max lot size of 100. Then you could schedule the order of the BOM level B after one order of the BOM level A, but before the total production is finished.

100100BOM level A
100100BOM level B

Hope it helps,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

Thanks for your reply:)

Since CTM does finite capacity planning hence after CTM run different BOM level production should respect below condition without manual intervention(manual scheduling).

BOM level A

BOM level B

Can this be achieved in CTM run.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But how will you tell CTM to start producing BOM level B before BOM level A has finished?

I am not aware of such functionality in CTM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

This is a common requirement in Repetitive Manufacturing.

I have never actually done this myself in CTM, but this is typically achieved in ECC using a distribution key in the component of the BOM.  According to SAP help, Distribution Keys are supported in the BOM integration in the PPM/PDS.  They speak specifically about integration to PP/DS, but I cannot say how this would work in CTM.  This would be the first place I would look for a solution.

Planning with Continuous Input/Output - Processes in Repetitive Manufacturing - SAP Library

Integration of Bills of Material - Integration of Master Data - SAP Library

Best Regards,

DB49

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhimanyu,

I don't think CTM supports continuous consumption, there is an old thread around same requirement, you might get some workable idea from that..

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge/Kenneth/DB49/Sourabh,

Thanks for your reply:)

With PPDS PDS we can achieve our objective.

But we also need same functionalities

in CTM PPDS run

following steps taken in PPDS PDS

1. Activated business function SCM_APO_PPDS_PI to activate field in product master >>continuous IO pegging(we have checked this field)

2. Maintained distribution key GLEI in Production version and BOM to get continuous input / output in PPDS PDS

3. Executed PPDS optimizer with settings “consider exact continuous material flow”

4. We got BOM level overlap output.

*****Unfortunately we also need same functionalities in CTM PPDS run.******

We have found some fields in PPDS PDS which are not available in CTM PDS. Eg...I/O

scheduling>>Continuous with offset.

We are still feeling that  there should be something in CTM which will also help us to do similar plan using CTM PDS  as we have in PPDS PDS planning.May be BAdi, or something else???

Best Regards

Abhimanyu

Answers (0)