cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about printing SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

We have some SAP Interactive Forms in our company that were saved on a Windows file server. I read this documents via OPEN DATASET into a internal table which contains the binary data of the Interactive Form. Then i use the function module SCMS_BINARY_TO_XSTRING to get the data into XSTRING format. Then I open a ADS Spool request via function module ADS_SR_OPEN to write the XSTRING data into a ADS Spool request (  ADS_WRITE_TO_FILE). At the end I confirm the Spool request via ADS_SR_CONFIRM and close it via  ADS_SR_CLOSE.

Now i can see the new Spool request in transaction SP01. The Spool looks good and I can print preview it by clicking on the PDF symbol. But the problem is that i can not print it on a network printer. The network printer is customized as device type PDF1. The result of printing is that the printer prints out a paper with the following text.

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

Does any one have a idea what I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

how are the pdf's are created. I think the mistake comes form teh PDF itself, perhaps you have to change the printer-typ in spad.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

the PDFs are created by SAP over CALL formname. Then we send the form digitally signed to our customer. The customer also signs the form and send it back via email. We get this form in our SAP over SAPCONNECT. Then we save it to our Fileserver. Then we take this PDFs as already explained.

I have tried several SPAD customizing, but it doesnt work for all entries i have made.

Regards

Andreas