Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDP Classic Scenario with SRM 7.0 EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Classic Scenario with PDP.

PR is created in ECC and has source of supply assigned to PR. SRM is configured to have auto PO generated if source of supply is assigned in PR.

Steps followed :

1) PR created in ECC

2) PR transferred to SRM using program - BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER.

3) BBP_PD shows follow on document created.

4) I can see PO created in ECC.

I find 2 issues here :

1) BBP_PD shows Shopping cart is created but i am not able to see in SRM. BBP_PD is giving error as :

Status         Description                    Inact

HEADER     I1021          Created

HEADER     I1038          Complete

HEADER     I1106          Shopping cart ordered

HEADER     I1129          Approved

0000000001 I1111          Item in Transfer Process       X

0000000001 I1113          Follow-on Document Created

2) PO is not appearing as editable in ECC. As i am using classic scenario, i expect PO to be editable.

Please help if you come across such issue.

Rgds,

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mit,

1) I don't see anything specially wrong with the status of the SC in BBP_PD. What do you mean by saying you are not able to see SC in SRM? You mean search it in Portal?

The SC (external requirement) was created by the RFC user and it has already a follow-on document created, hence I don't think you could find and display it with a purchaser or an employee in portal. You may login as an SRM administrator and search it from Application Monitor.

2) Just want to make sure with you that this PO is indeed a Classic PO? Is there by any chance that this is an Extend Classic PO? Could you please check?

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wendy for a quick one.

1) I am searching in portal with requestor ID. Do you mean, BBP_PD 'transfer in process' status is okay and everything looks good except i need to check with SRM admin ID ?

2) I have not activated 'Extended Classic' scenario in SRM. Is this something to do with transaction type ? One more thing, if i dont assign source of supply in ECC and trasfer requirement to SRM and then i create PO from SRM, it does allow me to edit that PO.

Rgds,

M

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mit,

1) 0000000001 I1111          Item in Transfer Process      X <<<< It means the status I1111 is inactive, which is OK. So yes, the status looks good and if you want to display this SC, you need to check with SRM admin ID.

2) I'm not sure yet about the process of generating MM PO automatically from external requirement with SOS. But could you please take a look at the field EKKO_STATU of these 2 POs that were created from the 2 different scenarios you mentioned?

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Wendy.

2) EKKO_Statu for :

a) Source of supply assigned in ECC and transferred to SRM - PO created in backend automatically has EKKO_STATU = 'K', Doc type = NB

b) Source of supply not assigned in ECC and transferred to SRM - SC appearing in Purchaser's worklist. After converting SC into PO, backend PO replication with EKKO_STATU = '9' and Doc type = ZEC.

I am still not much clear on why SC without source assigned is seen in Purchaser's worklist and the other one is not.

Rgds,

M

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mit,

Your query:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am still not much clear on why SC without source assigned is seen in Purchaser's worklist and the other one is not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Could you please check if you set the customizing "Sourcing - Define Sourcing for Product Categories" with the value "Sourcing is carried out for items without a source of supply"?

2) EKKO_Statu for :

a) Source of supply assigned in ECC and transferred to SRM - PO created in backend automatically has EKKO_STATU = 'K', Doc type = NB

>>> I need some time to take a look at this process. Just to clarify, you haven't done any modification to the system, but using the standard process to tranfer the PR with SOS to SRM and after SC is created, it genereted ECC PO automatically?

Regards,

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

For 1) Customizing is set as 'Sourcing carried out for items without a SOS'

For 2) Yes, its a standard process (without activating extended classic), transfer ECC PR with SOS to SRM. After running clean_req program, it generates ECC PO automatically.

Thanks for looking into. Will await your response.

Rgds,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any response to this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

M

wendy_xu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mit,

(1) This customizing with value 'Sourcing carried out for items without a SOS' answers your question of why SC without source assigned is seen in Purchaser's worklist and the other one is not.(Jan 28, 2014)

(2) In PDP scenario, SRM usually plays as a sourcing system, which means purchasers perform sourcing in SRM to the PRs from ECC. So it doesn't make too much sense to me to transfer a PR with SOS to SRM and then back to ECC to generate PO. But anyway, I tried to simulate this process in my internal system and I got an ERP PO generated from the SC directly and I can edit the PO in ERP.

As you mentioned earlier that source of supply assigned in ECC and transferred to SRM - PO created in backend automatically has EKKO_STATU = 'K', Doc type = NB.

>>>
EKKO_STATU = 'K' means it's an EBP PO not an ERP enjoy Purchase Order. Usually in an Extended Classic Scenario, SRM PO is replicated to ERP and will have EKKO_STATU = 'K'. But you are running Classic Scenario, so we need to check why the PO was created with EKKO_STATU = 'K'. Maybe you could test the process again and record BAPI_PO_CREATE1 test data in ECC by referring to note 539978. After that, run program RM06HL35 in ECC for BAPI_PO_CREATE1 and

the generated test data record number, then download the data and attach it to this thread.

Then I'll try to do a further analysis.

Regards,
Wendy