Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: PGP Encryption Module

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using SAP standard PGP module to encrypt the message and the scenario is working fine with default encryption algorithm CAST5.

But the module is giving error for AES_256 and for one of our partner , we need to use encryption alogritm IDES which is not supported by SAP standard PGP module.

How can we acheive the above requirement?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nipun_shedhani4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Krishna,

As of current specifications on the SAP SFTP & PGP B2B add-on's released, you will not be able to use the IDEA Algorithm for encrypting message.

If you interface agreements terms are flexible with your partner, I would suggest that you would need to reach out to the the vendor and provide your available algorithms that SAP support in order to move forward for a encryption.

If you interface agreements terms are not flexible with your partner then you should proceed for a custom development, and create a necessary module which you could use with SAP PI adapters.

Regards,

Nipun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish

PGP module supports AES_256 algorithm.

Please provide us the screen shot of the error message that you are getting so that we can help u better.

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sarkar,

I am getting below error while trying to encrypt with AES_256

Thanks,

Murali.

Error PGP Encryption Module: Could not process message, Internal PGP Error (org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Exception creating cipher)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish

Please see the solution thread provided by Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think Krish has checked my reply.. I should have provided the solution after asking for the error message..

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirsh - What is the error for AES_256?

If it is - Error PGP Encryption Module: Could not process message, Internal PGP Error (org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: Exception creating cipher)

If so Refer to the section 'Unlimited JCE' in the below document

http://www.didisoft.com/wp-content/uploads/OpenPGP_Java_2_4.pdf

Also the standard module does support  following methods AES_128, AES_192, AES_256, BLOWFISH, CAST5, DES, 3DES and TWOFISH

Source : http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/10/pgpencryption-module-how-to-guide