Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Checking Horizon setup for STO-RBATP scenario

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know what is the Typical Checking Horizon setup for STO-RBATP scenario.

Scenario: Doing location substitution wherein an STR is being created and stock is being moved to the order location via STO.

What is the relevance of CH in rules based ATP (location substitution STR-STO scenario).

Is it necessary to  maintain the CH or I can leave it blank. What is the consequences of leaving it blank?

I understand that the checking horizon in product master in apo =TRLT in the MM in ECC. If I leave it blank than, will I see any value being populated in the product master?

If the checking horizon is say 10 days, then does the system just checks the scope of check elements within those 10 days? If it goes beyond the horizon then what is the system behavior. Does it give the CSL to the SO assuming that there will be stocks?

What should be a typical CH days that should be recommended to Business? I know that its industry specific but consider Manufacturing industry for this case.

In my scenario, business people says its 4 months out and they have a specific date. So should I be using the CH calendar? Is it a good idea to have such a long CH. If yes then what is the consequences of having so long CH.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

Checking Horizon in terms of ATP checking is completely dependent on your business process as how long in future you would like to see the receipt elements to be considered for the demand to be fulfilled.

Also, your understanding is correct that RLT in ECC is considered as Checking Horizon in APO. Now, for typical RBA scenarios, you might be interested in checking the "Calculation Profile" which is the base for looking for a valid substitute item as per the delay parameter maintained there. It could be blank as well or it could be anywhere in hours or days.

Now, coming to your last question. CH of 4 months. It depends on what type of product is being ATP checked here. Usually CH would be calculated depending on the minimum amount of time it takes to product or procure. That is the reason usually, any demand element beyond CH would not be considered for ATP checking because you have enough time to produce or procure. The problem starts with the demand elements within the CH period and this is the situation where you tend to do RBA or look for any other receipt elements within this 4 months.

Please note that more the CH, system would be generating multiple schedule lines depending on the availability of receipt elements.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your excellent reco as usual.Appreciate that.

Couple of more doubts:

Checking horizon is being considered from order creation date or requested delivery date in the order.

You said it is not necessary to define CH. Did I get it right? If we dont define the horizon then how does the system behaves while going through the scope of check. How far does it go to check the receipt elements etc?

Thanks

Karan

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Checking Horizon calculation starts from the "system determined MBDAT" and moves ahead. For example, if you go to //RRP3 transaction, you would see the "Checking Horizon" date there. Let us assume that it is 31st Jan ( 3 days Checking Horizon...Today's date + 3 ). This calculation is applicable for any demand element that has MBDAT determined as today which is 28th Jan. So, to the best of my knowledge the base for Checking horizon is MBDAT.

I have mentioned that it is Ok to not maintain "Delay" parameter in Calculation Profile. But, I didn't say that CH can be left blank. You may leave it blank and execute couple of tests in your system and see how it works. May be system will not move ahead and consider only today's stock. But, again it depends on CH Configuration as well which is usually done at Scope of Check. If you say "X"- Confirm at the End of checking horizon and if the CH days is 0, then I think you will get full confirmation if no receipt element is available to fulfill the demand. This is my idea. You may test this to confirm

Babu Kilari

Answers (0)