cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule B configuration in 7.2

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone please share Schedule B configuration details in GTS 7.2 ?

Thanks,
Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

That's maybe too wide.  Which part is the problem?

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

The first question is:

I am not sure under which category a Schedule B would fall in GTS - tariff code or commodity code?

I assumed commodity code and began configuring. I set the structure of commodity code to be same as HTS but when maintaing the commodity codes (as HTS), I'm getting an error "The number must be 6 characters long". I must be doing something wrong but can' tell.

Another question is: How to maintain the numbering scheme as can be maintained manually or only upload via XML file?

Thanks,

Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Schedule B codes are generally used for Export, so would be set up as Commodity Codes, even though they are 10-digit codes.

The structure of the Numbering Scheme (which actually I thought was delivered as standard in GTS 7.2) should be:

• Level 10: length 2 (exact) = Chapter
  • Level 20: length 4 (exact) = Heading
  • Level 30: length 6 (exact) = Subheading
  • Level 40: length 8 (exact) = 8-digit code
  • Level 50: length 10 (from-to) = 10-digit code

Define the scheme with 3 special units of measure, and time-dependent.

Unit of Measurement scheme US_SCHB should be assigned - I hope you have that already.  Allow validity dates to be entered.

Assign the Numbering Scheme to Legal Regulation 'ACE', for Export.

Yes, you can maintain the codes manually if that's what the user wants.

Note: the above settings are taken from an old GTS 7.2 system to which I have access.  If any reader disagrees and has experience with Schedule B codes, they are welcome to correct me.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This is exactly the config I have in place. When maintaining the number ranges, I'm stopped by the error "The number must be 6 characters long".

Where is the config that allows either a manual maintenance or maintenance via XML only of numbering schemes?

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Could you please describe exactly at what point you receive that error message?  Run through the steps for us.

Regarding maintenance, there is no configuration (as far as I know).  If you haven't uploaded via XML, you can maintain manually.  Once you have uploaded, you can never again maintain manually.

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Ok, I located the source of the error message (in the code).  One cause might be that the system retrieves the Numbering Scheme data from memory, not generally from the database, so if you have changed the structure, you could get issues.  My suggestion would be to re-start your session and try again.

If the problem persists, then (as requested) please provide the details - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I'm trying to maintain the numbering scheme US_SCHB (by referencing data in US_HTS) in transaction /SAPSLL/LLNS_102.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Oh, that's a standard feature!

You have a Chapter (01) and a Heading (0101), and now you're trying to add the next level.  The next level, according to our configuration, is a Subheading - and that needs to be exactly 6 digits.

So add the Subheading with 6 (010110) instead of 8 digits.

Hope that's clear.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

The numbering structure for US_SCHB is exactly like US_HTS so this error message should not occur. Have I overlooked something? Here is the picture of numbering scheme US_HTS uploaded via XML. I'm just trying to copy the same into US_SCHB.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Satish,

No, I think you're mistaken, as your screen-shots show...

For the Schedule B codes, you are trying to create a structure level (a "folder", if you like), and that has to conform to the configured structure rules.

For the HTS codes, I think I can see that you have created both a structure level 010190 and a code 01011000 at the same level.  Codes don't need to follow the structure level rules.

Does that help? - hope so.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

I'm unable to add Subheading2, that is the problem. Here are the only options to create (next) levels.

Display Details of Structure Level

Change Structure Level Text 

Create Structure Level at Next Level 

Create Tariff Number 

Display Notes

Display Footnotes

Display Keywords

Services

Thanks,
Satish

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Surely you are therefore trying to "Create Structure Level at Next Level"?

This really isn't making much sense to me, so maybe someone else can help if you continue to have problems?

I do hope some of my 7 responses here have been helpful in some ways?

Regards,

Dave

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Yes.

Since it isn't working, I tried to upload US_SCHB via XML but I have another error i.e.

Schema US_SCHB was created manually; upload not possible

Message no. /SAPSLL/CORE_LLNS218

This is why I had special interest in the following question:

How to define the numbering scheme as can be maintained manually or upload via XML file only?

Thanks,
Satish

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm posting the solution to my problem so everyone can benefit from it.

Since HTS & schedule B have same data, I was using the XML file of HTS and trying to post it in US_SCHB and it was not liked by the systemm. After checking with my data provider, I received the US_SCHB XML file and I uploaded it successfully. No manual creation of numbering scheme is required for schedule B.

Thanks,
Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Schedule B codes are used for Export and hence can be set up as 10 Digit Commodity Codes as well. Schedule B codes are more of a statistical value/classification taken into account during exports. It also derives its basic structure from the Harmonized system as is with HTS codes. But HTS codes are used on the import side of the transaction and are more accurate. Schedule B codes have the first 6 digits of their structure i.e. Chapter, heading and sub-heading coming directly from the Harmonized system, while the rest of the digits can vary based on the inputs required by the custom authorities.   Say for example in a particular case, a Schedule B code will have its first six digits from the Harmonized system and this will be same as for the first six digits of a HTS code. But the remaining  four digits of schedule B code can even be all zero’s in the 10 digit Schedule B code while in the corresponding HTS code, the remaining four digits  will be some meaningful code different from these last four digits of Schedule B code. Further, for the related configuration, you can take reference from the above explanation given by Dave.

You have to first define the Numbering scheme for any classification code in the system, then only you can either upload related codes manually or from Data provider’s lists automatically.

I hope the concept of Schedule B codes will be clear to you a great extent. Please let me know , in case of any further queries.

Regards,

Aman

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aman,

Good info but I'm looking for detailed config. Please see the error above and let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Satish