SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock take for convenience store

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my client going to use IS retail for their convenience store. I would like to know the process of stock take. Since the convenience store still open when the staff doing stock take. The inventory is not frozen before they do inventory count. Pls advice

Thanks

JC

1 REPLY 1

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JC,

Ideally, when the stock take is started, the inventory movement is blocked. The stock take process happens in following sequence.

• Stop the Inventory transactions including Sales after a day's inbound is posted.
  • Start physical count of the stock from the store.
  • Take the System Stock from SAP
  • Compare the System Stock and Physical stock to find out the variance
  • Post the variance in SAP.
  • Unblock the inventory movements

You will find lots of threads and documents on SCN for SAP physical inventory cycle which is

• Generate PI (Physical Inventory) Document - MI01
  • Perform count - MI04
  • Post the Differences - MI07

If the store is continuing, it can be done in night time or do not take all items in one go, you can take half of the article in 1 go and rest of store can keep going and when part 1 is done you can take remaining articles. But the articles for which the physical inventory (stock-take) is going on, the inventory movements has to be blocked.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit