cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing relvant indicator being Y as soon as the SC is approved

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can some one suggest as to why the sourcing relevant indicator is marked as Y as soon as the shopping cart is approved

because of the being marked as Y  It is not seen with buyer when the buyer went to convert it to a PO and the status of the cart changes to "

Cannot be ordered " Thus no further action can be taken .

Please can some one explain to me the relevance of Souricing relevant indicator and how and why it gets assigned a value automatically on its own say X , Y or Blank ??

A prompt response would be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all I checked for the inputs as mentioned :

1, Sourcig is always carried out for all categories .

2. BADI bbp_src_determine is not implemented in the system

Hence the issue still remains when we try to order a SC after being approved it automatically changes to the indicator being set as Y  and PO status as below becomes Cannot be ordeded

I checked with the customer and they are not rejecting the Cart as well .. not sure why it is happening ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Was the SC created directly in SRM, or are you using requisitions from ECC that come into SRM for sourcing?

Check who the last person was to update the SC using bbp_pd and see the when the SC was last changed and by whom. Follow up with them what there last action on the SC was?

Also have you checked ST22 for a code dump or such while it tries to update the status?

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

You can set breakpoint at BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE to see why source_rel_ind is directly set to Y after SC is ordered.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy

can you please help me more with this . I am trying to check by putting external debug points as to why the source rel indicator is going to status Y once approved

Steps :

1. I created a SC and sent it for approval

2, Now I opened the inbox of approved and before approving put ext break points at FM BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE

3.  The approver approved the cart and it did not stop at FM and source rel indicator changed to X ..

PLease can you let me know more on this on how I could debug once the SC gets approved and the source rel indicator changes to X or Y .. ?

Please let me know thanks !

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

You can transfer SC wth FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER with SC header GUID, and set BP at

BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE. Then it will stop and you can debug further.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Ivy

The sourcing rel indicator is actually changed after the final level approver approves it . So the one you have mentioned FM BBP_PD_SC_TRANSFER with SC header GUID would not  work coz this would only work once the SC is approved

However in my case I need to debug when the final level approver is trying to approve it should then stop since it is at that step that the source rel indicator is being changed .

I hope I am able to clarify on the issue faced

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

If the indicator is changed during workflow approval, this is not a sourcing issue, but workflow issue. You have to debug your workflow process to see where this indicator is changed.

Some modification or BADIs might affect this.

Best regards,

Ivy

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy

Maybe I did not explain it well .

As far as I know . As per SAP standard when a SC is awaiting approval the source rel indicator is marked as BLANK and when the SC is approved it changes to X so my query is I wanted to understand which FM / BADI/ etc is responsible for changing the status from BLANK to X

I am not sure on how I should debug this so wanted some help to be able to understand the code and the flow . Any idea ?

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

No matter approval is needed or not, FM BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE will be used to tranfer this SC to sourcing by checking the customizing 'Define sourcing for product category'.

With the BADl BBP_SRC_DETERMINE it is possible to control the transfer to the sourcing cockpit.

You have to check from your side why breakpoint at this FM can't be reached or you may trace the whole process to see where this FM is called.

I can't logon to your system, so it is impossible to check why this function module can't be reached from my side.

Best regards,

Ivy

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

usually source_rel_ind will only be set to Y when it is manually rejected by someone in sourcing cockpit.

One more thing is BADI BBP_SRC_DETERMINE. Would you please check if it has coding to set this indicator as Y?

Best regards,

Ivy

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

SOURCE_REL_IND = Y would be set only after shopping cart is rejected in sourcing cockpit.

It should not be updated after ordering the cart, only if end user is rejecting it in sourcing.

After cart has SOURCE_REL_IND = Y, no further actions are allowed.

Regards,

Ricardo

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client confirmed that they are not rejecting the cart as soon as it is approved it makes the sourcing rel indicator as Y for some cases for the others it is still working fine .  Any idea ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Please make sure that the product category assigned in the shopping cart is allowed for sourcing.

Please check configuration in SRM Server --> Sourcing -->Define Sourcing for Product Categories and check if the category is set to "Sourcing always carried out"

Thanks,

Ashwin

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checked it is sourcing for all categories marked as *