cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Data Access - MS SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can i use  smart data access in HANA with sql procedure defined in MS SQL Server database?

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Vivek, we can only create "Virtual Tables" so that we don't materialize the data in SAP HANA and still be able to consume in the models where ever required.

Are you mentioning about your SQL procedure in MSSQL on top of Virtual Table in SAP HANA?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for the reply.

So, i would use SMART DATA ACCESS to extract data from MS SQL Server but i have the need to transfer data derived from the execution of ms sql procedure.

Is possible?

Or in alternative, could be a solution  use smart data access to import table from ms sql server and than recreate the procedure on hana virtual table?

Andrea

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Maraviglia wrote:

So, i would use SMART DATA ACCESS to extract data from MS SQL Server but i have the need to transfer data derived from the execution of ms sql procedure.

Is possible?

I will need to check on the possibilities ( if any) as far as i see now there is no such feature. But anyways will cross check and confirm you.

Andrea Maraviglia wrote:

Or in alternative, could be a solution  use smart data access to import table from ms sql server and than recreate the procedure on hana virtual table?

Yes you can do this.

And also as a thought, Can you materialize the results of the procedure in MS SQL into a table? And you can create a Virtual table on it.

But if i understand you properly, you are trying to optimize the performance of that procedure so the thought i have suggested above might not serve the purpose.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I need to access in real time mode in MS SQL server i would doing by HANA and smart data access.

Andrea

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Using Smart Data Access, we add tables as Virtual tables and then we can use it for Modeling in Calculation View

I don't think that we can use SQL procedure defined in MSSQL in HANA

Although for what purpose do you want to use the procedure?

You can check the below video on using Smart Data Access with MSSQL

Regards,

Vivek