cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install and patch Sap Ides ehp6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I Had install a SAP IDES ECC 6.0 with Ehp6 on (on windows 2008 server x64). I had patch kernel on latest patch. But have problem with LMDB to calculate the latest support packages.  

There is  installed many different version of the many defferent product in Ides. I have trouble on LMDB to calculate it correctly - There are many different versions of Product Instances.

Anybody have any exprience get Ides  support packages. 

Thanks for any hep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You are not really supposed to apply SP on a IDES system as stated in the here under note...

Maybe because configuring LMDB & running an MOPZ on a system with all components is a nightmare.

Regards

799639 - IDES - General Information about the usage of IDES systems

Support Packages

IDES specific Support Packages do not exist.

Standard SAP Support Packages can be applied to the IDES systems.

In general we recommend to wait for new IDES version with a higher

SP-level, but from the technical point of view applying SPs into IDES is

possible

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reza

Like Yves mentioned, standard SP's can be applied on the system.

Check this SAP note 799639 - IDES - General Information about the usage of IDES systems

The problem looks like the way the system is defined in the Solution Manager to generate a stack file.

Could you provide more information about the error you get ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan and Yves,

Thanks for reply, If IDES specific Support Packages do not exist. I will not use more time for this. My college can use this installation as it is. 

My problem was on Verification Check(Product System Consistency Checks),

I get a long list of different component that needed to be add.

Thanks again

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Is it possible to calculate a Software Verification  for Ides installation in LMDB alt all? Or I am doing wrong!

This is a ABAP ECC6 EHP6 installation. Lmdb get IDES system from SLD, but when I run Software Verification I have this error

Thanks Again

Reza

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It should be possible.

Check the information provided for each message, process as recommended and it should work...

Regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reza

Check whether the system is defined correctly in LMDB

LMDB-SID-Software-Software Components Versions.

If yes they try to assign the product instance as suggested in the screenshot and see if that helps.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves and Reagan,

Thanks for reply.

I have mane of MOB * product version. It is possible to remove this from LMDB?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did used the method from here under SCN message for resetting a wrongly defined BI component from the LMDB.

I'm not 100% sure that this is safe, I had no trouble with it, just make sure you have a backup of your solman.

You can also check that post

Regards

Software components (e.g. BI CONT 3.53) are supplied automatically for this system

Message no. LMDB_BO123

Diagnosis

Automatically supplied installed software components should not be changed manually.

There are automatic data suppliers that register technical systems automatically to SAP Solution Manager. The current technical system has been registered by such a data supplier. Usually, this data has a high quality and should not be changed manually.

Check whether a change is really required.

Procedure

In case technical system definition is wrong, first check if the automatic data supplier for the managed technical system still delivers data.

Procedure for System Administration

If the change of automatically supplied information should be prevented automatically, you can set the LMDB_AUTO_DS_OVRWRT user parameter to 'N'. Then, the system will not execute the manual change.

LMDB delete old component version

1. 1. open LMDB, given product system
  2. 2. select Software  in left navigation tree
  3. 3. select tab Software Component Versions (right window)
  4. 4. delete old component version (GTS 7.2 in my case)

- it is required to set in SU3 the user parameter LMDB_AUTO_DS_OVRWRT to 06 in order to delete automatically supplied component version - note 1817422. Logoff and logon is NEEDED after setting user parameter.

1. 5. repeat landscape verification
  2. 6. save after getting green status of verification
  3. 7. open previously created maintenance optimizer transaction
  4. 8. go back to step 1 and start from there (otherwise old error messages would still appear).
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

I can not delete any of this component I get this:

Software component version  was supplied automatically

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried setting parameter LMDB_AUTO_DS_OVRWRT to 6 and login on / off ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did, I am trying to remove some of this component from sld,

Thanks

Reza