cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Near expiry batch determination for process order components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have created selection class with characteristics LOBM_LFDAT & LOBM_RLZ for batch determination of process order components based on expiry date. While batch determination for components i have observed that system is considering end date of process order as requirement date(Batch determination. delivery date) & adding the minimum remaining shelf life to this date & suggesting the batches.

My requirement is that system should consider the date on which the order is released as the date for calculating the shelf life date of batches to be determined. In our scenario component batches are determined at the time of process order release. Pls. let me know what setting needs to be done.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is because of LOBM_LFDAT characteristic maintained in search class. When you assign search class in COb1 or MBC1 LOBM_LFDAT is hidden and updated automatically by system during Batch determination. And here it considers End Date as delivery date.

Try deleting LOBM_LFDAT from selection class. It works when I am doing Batch determination for delivery. Check how system behaves for Process Order.

I would like to know if there are any implications?

Additional Info: IF Batch status is active in your system, do consider adding LOBM_ZUSTD (Status of Batch) to Selection class, and set this characteristic to "RELEASED" in COb1/MBC1. Otherwise restricted batches will also be selected in Batch Determination.

Amol.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard system behavior.  It utilizes the planned completion date of the order, not the release.  The main reason is you don't want components expiring during production.  You might be, for instance, using several components to produce a final kit.  If it takes a week to put together all the kits, you might violate your rules.

If you wanted to change this I suggest you look at the dependencies behind the various characteristics used in this process, (LOBM_RLZ,).   You might also look at  LOBM_UBD.  By understanding how all these work together, you could probably create your own custom characteristic that is like LOBM_LFDAT (you'd probably have to create a FM to figure out the value for it).  Then create the dependency to do the calculation and create a custom LOBM_RLZ.

It won't be easy, but I think it could be done.  Looking at the old OSS note for this process and reviewing how we had to manually create all the characteristics and dependencies in the 3.1 systems might help you understand the process.

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Where are your components assigned to, to which operation/ phase? Is that the first or last operation? I feel rather than the end of the order, system must be considering the requirement date of the component.

Check what's the requirement date for the components where the batch determination is effective.

Mangesh S