cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry development - search field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to figure out how we can create a search field on a list screen in a custom Agentry app, where the user could enter the name (or part) of a customer/task and get a shortlist of the rows matching the search criteria.

I saw these fields in SAP Work Manager and SAP CRM Service Manager apps and it is different than the "Filter" functionality, which is standard in Agentry.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Denis

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Denis,

What Steve suggested is one way to go.  The List Tile View control also supports a built in Quick Search.  On the List Tile View screen control, switch to the Filter/Sort tab.  There is a check box under Searching called: Allow quick search.  Check this on and then set the Search By drop down to either Begins With or Contains.  This will add a quick search.  Not sure if the fields that are searched are limited to the fields you place on the tile, or if you need to add filter fields on the Filters tab.  You can experiment.  Turning this functionality on automatically gives you the search box above a List Tile View on the client screen.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply, but I don't see such option under the tab you mentioned. I'm currently experimenting with Agentry 6.0 and in the "List Tile View  Filter / Sort" tab there are only "Sorting" and "Header" sections. Is this a new functionality in SMP 2.3/3.0 ?

Cheers

Denis

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Denis,

Must be an Agentry 6.1 feature then.  Agentry 6.1.x will work as a stand-alone Agentry system without SMP 2.3.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Denis,

Yes, this is an option that was added to the Agentry Editor for SMP 2.3.  I will have to check on if it is going to be also added to 6.0.  Unfortunately the internal system where I need to check is unavailable right now to confirm.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason / Bill,

Thanks for the replies! I will be going to use SMP 3.0, so it should be OK then. Just for now I'm still playing with Agentry 6.0.

Cheers

Denis

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Iam using Agentry editor 6.0.30.0,so for list tile view control there is no searching section.When the application is deployed in Ipad, iam able to see the search bar on the top of list tile view.Iam not sure from where this search bar is populated. Iam using Agentry client version v6.0.46.0. Does this search bar is defaulted from client. Also when i search using this search bar, the letters are not appearing may be due to black background but the search functionality is working fine.Please help me in clarifying this behaviour.

Thank You

Sravanthi

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend updating your Editor to match your client and server to all be 6.0.46.0 and see if that changes the behavior.

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to use a detail screen.  On the detail screen create string field so users can enter type into.  Then create a List View field.  For the List Data set the Collection to the Agentry Collection you are using, then add an Include Rule that does an eqstr to the collection field and the filter field line.  Like:
FilterListFieldRule
- EQSTR

-    -  :>"<CollectionField>" Property

-    -  :>Current Screen Set> "<ScreenName>" Detail Screen>"FilterLine" Field

Stephen Streeter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the suggestion, it's an interesting approach.

Cheers

Denis