cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource-Related Billing with Billing Plan (Milestone Billing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SD All

Can you explain , How to configure Resource-Related Billing with Billing plan (Milestone Billing) for construction project.I know the process

The Process Flow

1. Create Contract Order (VA41)

2. Billing Request (DP91), before billing request , what I will do in the contract order?

3.After Billing request DMR has  generated .

4.Created Billing Document.

how to behave the system in real time , I want to more details in this process

Any one know can you explain

Thanks & Regards

Christin B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christin,

As per my understanding, you are asking about Resource related Billing with respect to Project

Your process starts with Contract creation in VA41, so Question here is you have any agreement with customer on number of Projects to be created with in certain time frame?

Generally to Create a Resource related Billing, Contract is not being created

you can directly create a sales order VA01 and Add the Material as line item. Base on the Configuration of Requirement class and Requirement Type a project will create in background ( you can check Standard WBS set up for this under CN08 transaction code

Upon project creation, as part of Planning you will plan for Resources and Material

These can bring Planned cost to the Project. Create Quotation for the Planned cost and get the approval from customer for starting the Project activities

Quotation can be created using DP82

Now you have to post the actual cost to the project and also variance to the project(if any difference between planned and actual cost)

in comes DP91 with reference to Original sales order which will create a Debit Memo request with all your actual cost. Here you can add Markup limit (profit) and bill the customer.

you can have Milestone added in Project to get billed as per milestones

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh

This scenario Resource-Related Billing with Billing plan (Milestone Billing), the customer didnt give any end date for contract.

how will add milestone in RRB, can you explain configuration level

Thanks & Regards

Christin B

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Item category (VOV7), you can enter Billing Plan of type Milestone

In the sales order under Billing Plan at item level you can enter Milestone with Dates and Percentages

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

Item category level i have maintained Billing plan type 04.

Have u worked in this scenario pls explain configuration area,

Thanks & Regards

Christin B

Answers (0)