cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum value cap in condition record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have defined a condition type for charging freight to customer. Till now it was a fixed percentage based on value, however now the requirement is to have a additional cap on this percentage for maximum value of say 10000.

I have checked the discussion forum but could not get a standard solution for this.

The minimum limit and maximum limit field in Details tab cannot be used since they come into affect only if condition value is changed manually.  Also, the Maximum Condition value field in additional data tab works on order accumulation.

Client requirement is to ensure that freight is calculated based on the percentage mentioned in condition record. However the value should not exceed defined limit (say 10000 in this case)

Do let me know if there is a standard way to achieve this which I have missed.

below are the details of condition type defined currently

Cond. class - A

Calculat.type - A

Cond.category - F

Scale basis - B

Scale type - A

Manual entries - C

Thank you

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are Calculating Freight value Based on Total Bill Value--But Not on Weight--Right...

Also You maintained the Scale basis as Value scale--so have you maintained the scales in your condition records for this Condition type like below:

0 INR to 10000 INR---0.5%

10,000 to 50,000 INR---0.3%

50000 to 1,00,000 INR--0.1%----In this scenario if any order is more than 1Lac--then system will be fixing 0.1% as Freight---Is This not happening in your case---Pl let me Know?

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Till now it was a fixed percentage based on value

Do you mean to say irrespective of billing value, freight is fixed?  If possible, explain with some examples showing value.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Below is the example :

Condition type ZAFR is defined for Freight which is percentage based on value. The scales defined are:

from 0 INR     -     0.5%

from 100000 INR - 0.1%

At present freight value is calculate correctly based on above scales.

Now the addition is, if the freight value calculated by above logic is more than 10000 INR, then freight value should be fixed (capped) at 10000 INR (maximum value).

I think this can be achieved by defining some addition routines in pricing, however i was looking at address this without the use of routines.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Regards