cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Training Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We are implementing Solution Manager SP10, we have client 100 which contain the most of our configuration, Can we have another client for training purposes, let’s say 700 ?

Does there any Cross-Client configuration? I mean from System Preparation, Basic Configuration, Managed System Configuration prospective ?

Does Client 700 make any conflict with the 100 ?

Regards,

Yazeed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yazeed,

It is clearly mentioned by SAP at many places, documents that SAP Solution Manager doesn't support that and it not Multi client Capable because of cross client settings or configuration

Even it is told as part of Solution Manager trainings at SAP

check below

BP00004 - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

or you can also check master guide

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000288992011E.PDF

I hope this clarifies and resolves doubt

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there is no impact on client ex 700. You can use the master client 100 for System Preparation, Basic Configuration, Managed System Configuration, change management etc.. but make sure you logged to client 100 while executing the setup/configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So we cannot configure the first 3 Steps:

1) System Preparation.

2) Basic Configuration.

3) Managed System Configuration.

in both client separately. ?

and what about ITSM configuration ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you want to execute the same steps in different clients? these are for system monitoring (from solman to other systems in your organization).

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing ITSM & ChaRM in my company, and part of Knowledge transfer & Training we would like to have a Hands-On practical training on ITSM & ChaRM configuration.

because of this we have created another client but we figure out that 3 first steps need to be done in the new client 700. before we go to the ITSM & ChaRM configuration.