Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this invoice scenario possible in sap sd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have several issues I need to clarify:

1. My client wants Withholding Tax in their invoice pricing procedure but don't want it to be a required condition but manual. I have configured it but when I select the manual condition types in the Invoice, I don't find the Withholding Tax Condition Type in the List of Manual Condition Types. Please what do I do?

2. INVOICE SPLITTING: Is it possible to split only item price values like 60% and 40% without splitting the Invoice items? If yes, please how?

Expecting your profession guide.

Regards,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I don't find the Withholding Tax Condition Type in the List of Manual Condition Types. Please what do I do?

if you know the withholding tax condition type, try to enter manually in the condition tab and check if system accepts

2. INVOICE SPLITTING: Is it possible to split only item price values like 60% and 40% without splitting the Invoice items? If yes, please how?

can we know the scenario for which you want the price split ?

however, This can be possible with Billing plans. In standard we have two kinds of billing plans.

1. Milestone billing plan

2. Periodic Billing Plan

Based on your scenario you can choose any of these two and activate necessary settings at the Item category configuration VOV7

regards,

santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though you have indicated that your first requirement is addressed, as a Best Practice, tax values should always be automated in order to adhere to  statutory compliance.  Have you raised this query that if user keyed in some wrong value as a witholding tax,  returns would also reflect wrong value which is a serious offence from audit point of view.

Coming to your second query, if your requirement is only in the output, then, yes it is quite possible.  For this, you need to add the logic in the existing output / smartform which your technical team will do.  On the other hand, if your requirement is in the condition tab itself, then it is not possible.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lakshmipathi,

I have taken note of your comment on best practice, though my client insist the want it like that. Please I need further clarification of guide you recommended base on your last message:

Coming to your second query, if your requirement is only in the output, then, yes it is quite possible.  For this, you need to add the logic in the existing output / smartform which your technical team will do.  On the other hand, if your requirement is in the condition tab itself, then it is not possible.

Also, I like to know If it is a Standard Process to add Withholding TAX in SAP Sales Invoice? What is the Responsibility of The SD Consultant in implementing Withholding TAX.

Thirdly, when creating the condition record for withholding tax, the Withholding TAX Code Column is inactive so I cannot select the Withholding TAX Code, what could be the cause?

Regards,

Patrick

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

Once you have maintained one condition type as Manual--then why are you maintaining Condition records?Why Tax code if you maintain it Manually--(have you activated Fixed amount in calculation type for your withholding Tax condition type in V/06?)

"""Also, I like to know If it is a Standard Process to add Withholding TAX in SAP Sales Invoice? What is the Responsibility of The SD Consultant in implementing Withholding TAX.""""---Ofcourse will done by SD Guy because this will be incorporated in Sales order/Billing. then passed to Account Payables...

But your second query is not clear to me---suppose you have a sales order for 1 lac and you want to split the billing to 60,0000Rs and 40,000Rs...---Is it what your requirement is?

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been able to resolve the first question, thank you Santosh your guide was helpful. I unchecked the parameter in the V/06.

Moreover, I have created a condition record in VK11 for this Condition Type but the Withholding Tax Code is not showing and if I use F4 it will not drop-down any data. Can anyone give me a guide to resolve this issues? See Screenshot attached.

Regards,

Patrick