cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collect pattern in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1) On which field I should use correlation in order to post POs into R/3 using Collect Pattern procedure in BPM?

2)What is the advantage of using Collect Pattern in BPM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can use collect pattern when there is requirement of collecting multiple messages .For example i have an applicaion where i can send purchase order from different vendors.Now i wish that at the end of day i get one consolidated purchase order for each vendor instaed of multiple orders from a particular vendor then i can utilise it.Correlation will be required as the messages have to be grouped based upon a particular Information like in our example its vendor

Hope this will help in understanding

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

u can use the purchaseorder number to correlate the message..

and Collect message patterns are use to maintain the message lists which can be occured by Container Operation step in the Patterns....

thanx,

krish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Pls give complete scenario, so that exacltly we can help how to use.

Just for information on collect pattern

BPM CollectPattern..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Thanks,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario is to post POs from FileSys to R/3.

I want to know, what is the advantage of using the Collect Pattern? so that I want to use Collect Pattern for this scenario.

And if I want to use Collect Pattern, I should use some correlation, right. On which field of PO I should use Correlation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I just wanna give an Idea but I am not sure.

advantage of collect pattern is ,you can collect multiple documents could be files,Idocs and post them as sinlge document to the recieving system.

And I think correation comes into effect when you use syn mode you have to relate req and resp on a field.in PO you can use PO order number to correlate.

correct me..if I am wrong.