cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read the reported event data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What is the best way for an application system to read data from EM. One way is upload the data to BW for reporting purpose but how will the application system read this data from BW for transactional purpose. for e.g. EM has reported an event with certain "from date and time" and "to date and time" from EM. Based on this event we need to calculate the no. of days and certain charges based on no. of days in ECC.

Is it suggested to save all the reported event data in Z table in ECC and read the data from Z table or is there any better way to do it ?

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shubh,

it should be possible to read the data directly in ERP from BW. You should ask in a BW forum for technical details. I never did this. Calculations you should do already in BW if possible.

How many data records you plan to read? If the volume is not so high you could try to use the standard EM retrieval functions like /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA_GEN.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Shubh,

did you already had a look at the interface between EM and BW and how to upload the data? First information can be found here: SAP Library - SAP Event Management

In short there is an interface to BW where you can upload the reported event data (and e.g. also the expected event data) to BW for performance reports.

Best regards

Berthold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Berthold,

Once i will upload the data to BW then how will i read the data in application system(ECC in my case). I need these dates to calculate costs based on no. of days.

For reporting i may use BW , but for using the information which is captured in EM such that to calculate cost or any other use in application systems how can i maintain the data ?

Thanks,

Shubh.