cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Solman Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

The current version of Solman Server is 4.0 .   Now We are planning to do Solman installation 7.1 BY SCRAPING the older version of Solman server 4.0 .  Before scrapping the older version of Solman server 4.0 , We have the requirement to save the Project Documents.

NOTE: Our solman server 4.0  is not a PRoduction System.

But our requirement  is we need to save the project Documents in the Solman server of 4.0.

Clarifications:

1)  How can we able to take the backup of project documents in Solman Server?

2)  Is it fine if we take the backup of trans Directory (/usr/sap) and after installtion of Solman Server7.1 , is it possible to export the trans directory ?

3)  If we plan to export the trans directory, the support patch level must be the same/identical  in Solman server 7.1 as it was maintained in SolmanServer 4.0?

4) DO we need to maintain the same patch level for exporting the Backup of trans directory after the installation of Solman Server 7.1?

5) what must be the patch level to be maintained in the installation of Solman Server 7.1 for the exporting the trans directory?

Kindly advice and assist me on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Gayathri.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this FAQ. might be this help you, I never tried this.

FAQ - Documents - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

if you have plan to dismantle the system after your new system upgrade, you have other options like

solar_project_admin -> project-> transport

or check out here https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000307372012E/SolMan_Content_Transferv17.pdf

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think, its easy to upgrade and should not take too much time. Have you gone through the upgrade guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sunil,

Thanks for the reply.

We tried upgrade but it ended with J2EE status not available.

Further when we checked, We find that JAVA is not running from Sept 22 2011 and there no java logs also after Sept 22 2011.

Since JAVA is not running in Solman Server , We thought of scrap the  the older version of Solman 4.0 and freshly implement or install the solman server 7.1 (dual stack).

Before proceeding with the installation of solman server 7.1, we had a requirement to take the backup of Project Documents.

Also please clarify my above Queries.

Regards,

Gayathri.K