cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Messaging Queues: Registration & Prioritization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus

I am trying to understand and learn the concept how Messaging Queues are Configured & Registered and also how can Prioritize Queues for specific Critical interfaces on the projects.

I have tried to read through various posts - however, still need help with the below questions:

1. How & where (transactions) does Basis configure / register Queues apart from SMQR?!

2. Wat is the criteria for creating the no.of Queues - Are they standard set of default no. of queues during PI installation - OR - are no. of Queues configured different on a PROD PI Server based on volume?!

3. How different are EO Queues from the EOIO Queues - and wat is the criteria for messages to be routed from EO or EOIO Queues?!

4. How can we prioritize queues ?! - Can we create separate Queues for specific interfaces -OR- We have to use existing Queues and filter based on  Sender/Receiver interface - wat is the transaction to configure the Priority Queues / Messages.

5. Is the Queue Prioritization available only on the ABAP Stack only - are they any message prioritization for Adapter Engine / JAVA Stack available?!

6. Finally is there a specific no.of messages the Queues are configured to hold?!

I am hoping to gain some knowledge with regard to Message Queue Registration Prioritization through the above questions - sorry for putting forth so many questions - Thank you for your help & patience in reading through this discussion ...

Thank you,

Ritu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. How & where (transactions) does Basis configure / register Queues apart from SMQR?!

>>SXMB_ADM -> Manage Queues -> Register/Deregister

2. Wat is the criteria for creating the no.of Queues - Are they standard set of default no. of queues

during PI installation - OR - are no. of Queues configured different on a PROD PI Server based on volume?!

>>There are default set of queues for inbound/outbound/ack in PI.

3. How different are EO Queues from the EOIO Queues - and what is the criteria for messages to be routed from EO or EOIO Queues?!

>>Async messages at runtime are processed in a queue from integration engine, so if there is a requirement to process message in a sequence like first in first out then we have to use  EOIO queues to achieve the same.However if the sequence is not important then messages are processed using a EO queue (by default).

4. How can we prioritize queues ?! - Can we create separate Queues for specific interfaces -OR- We have to use existing Queues and filter based on  Sender/Receiver interface - wat is the transaction to configure the Priority Queues / Messages.

>>Search SDN, there are lot of articles for the same.

SAP Developer Network (SDN): Downloads, Discussions, eLearning, and Documentation for Developers

5. Is the Queue Prioritization available only on the ABAP Stack only - are they any message prioritization for Adapter Engine / JAVA Stack available?!

>>No, u can prioritize messages both at AE and ABAP level

PI7.1

PI7.3 (Java)

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/b2e00f6b156ff4e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

6. Finally is there a specific no.of messages the Queues are configured to hold?!

>>No, i don't think so.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for detailed responses!! Amit

Thank you,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ritu,

Please folow the detailed blog. That will answer all your queries.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20bb9649-e86e-2910-7aa9-88ed4972a...

Thanks

Gaurav Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus

Is it a good practice to Prioritize EOIO Queues.

Please, let me know your thoughts?!

Thank you,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First  question needs to be answered is do u really need EOIO queues?

In terms of prioritizing EOIO queues, I haven't seen such kind of requirement anywhere but I don't see much issues in doing that but having said so, u have to be extra vigilant in checking if messages are processing successfully through that prioritized EOIO queues or not.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

Adding to Amit's reply. EOIO is used to serialize the messages. Please check the below blogs which would be useful

regards,

Harish