cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1ID Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have 6 plant under one company code, one purchase organization. For the Procurement of  excisable material which will used in all 6 plant I need to maintain J1ID i.e.

1. Material & chapter id Combination

2. Cenvat Determination  for all the 6 plant. which is very time consuming job.

Is there any process in which I do not need to maintain the same for all plants like if I have not to put plant in Material & Chapter Id Combination & also  have not to put plant in Cenvat Determination. will it be work or all the process which I am doing is standard.

Thanks

Sumit Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain material - chapter id combination, CENVAT determination and Assesable value(if applicable) for each plant. The reason for such a design is, in some cases some of the plants may not be an excisable. Then you need not to maintain J1ID for that plant, so that Excise tab will not appear during GR.

You may use LSMW for uploading the data as suggested above.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain material - chapter id combination, CENVAT determination and Assesable value(if applicable) for each plant. The reason for such a design is, in some cases some of the plants may not be an excisable. Then you need not to maintain J1ID for that plant, so that Excise tab will not appear during GR.

You may use LSMW for uploading the data as suggested above.

Regards,

Sameer

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer Jain

Please dont copy paste others'  suggestion just for points sake.  Suggest on your own if you know.  You have copy pasted Sudeep's post  which is against the forum rules.  Being one year old member, I am sure, you should be knowing the forum rules where copy pasting from other source is strictly not allowed.  Please adhere to forum rules.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Possible in Material Master in Foreign Trade: Import Data you can maintain it... in MM02 just put material no and don't put plant just press enter  and maintain all your requirements in it.

If chapter id is same for all material in all plants.

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look into the below explanation for your Queries.

Companies are required to file with the Excise authorities, a list containing the excisable finished products manufactured and the excisable input materials required for such production, to avail Modvat / Cenvat Credit.

Similarly for Subcontracting you will have to maintain the Input and Out put material under Cenvat Determination.

It is possible that an input material may be used in the production of more than one finished product. However, if such a material is mainly used for the manufacture of a particular finished product then the input material is identified to be the default material. The default indicator has to be checked in such cases.

Just donot maintain the Cenvat Determination for One Excisable Material and run the Procurement Cycle till Excise invoice Part2 posting and let us know your observations / findings.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

you need to maintain for the plants if all plants are Excisable.

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to maintain for each plant to avail cenvat, if needed to can upload in mass using LSMW